Can't get rid of frogs

Old 03-17-05, 05:11 PM
liz1338
Visiting Guest
Can't get rid of frogs

There are frogs that hang out on my porch at night releasing their bowels all over the patio furniture, floor and light fixtures. I'm afraid when I open my front door they may jump in as one did already. Do you know of anything I can do or place outside on the porch to steer them away without killing them?
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-18-05, 11:33 AM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi-
The frogs are probably attracted to the insects that swarm around your porch light or light from nearby windows. Try keeping your porch light off, or install a motion detector so your porch light only turns on if a person approaches the porch. Draw the blinds at night on windows near the porch.

Frogs require moist places, so your problem may go away on its own once summer comes and things get hot.

(Personally, I'd love to have frogs around! Frogs are very sensitive to environmental contaminants, so if you have a lot around, you know that your place is mostly free of toxins. Plus, they eat a lot of bugs)

Old 03-20-05, 01:03 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can also erect a small fence or barrier to deter frogs from entering areas where you do not want them. If you have lots of frogs in your landscape, it's probably a sign of a healthy environment. They eat lots of bugs. As indicated, keep exterior lights off to minimize the attraction of bugs. Also, pull shades and close curtains to minimize the amount of light around windows at night.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: