Termites

Old 05-01-05, 09:01 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Termites

If it is not one thing it is another first capenter ants and now termites.
Today on my inside wall I saw what looked like a worm so I got a paper towel to wipe him off and found it was a hole thru the drywall with about 6 termites and some dust.
I looked at them with a magnifing glass and they are termites with wings.
My question is I am really hardley making it on my income as is and calling the termite man bill just be the last straw.
Is there any other options to at least slow them down?
I live in TX.
I did not think they eat thru sheetrock but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks all for the replys I sure hope there is some good news.

Old 05-06-05, 03:22 AM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you have termites, then you should calll a pro to protect the investment in your home.

Old 05-06-05, 10:05 AM
M
Ok

Ok I guess I will have to start saving do you know a ballpark figure on cost.Home is 2000 sq feet on a slab foundation in North TX just a guess?
500 bucks? How long can I wait a few months?

Old 05-07-05, 12:04 PM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Termites can do a lot of damage in a very short time. It depends on the size of the colony as to the extent of damage and the length of time it takes for them to damage all the wood in your home. Cost of treatment will vary between companies. Costs will also depend on extent of damage and any required repairs.

For a ground treatment on an average-sized home, expect to pay about $1,000 for the initial chemical barrier, between $75 and $250 for annual renewal, depending on the chemical used and the size and type of house. If you have an infestation inside the home, you can tent the house and gas the termites. This will not, however, provide you with the required ground treatment needed to keep termites out of the home. Tenting can easily cost $3,000 or more.

Old 05-07-05, 03:00 PM
M
Thanks all

Thanks all for the help I guess this is not a DIY project I do recall seeing the tents in California but have never seen one in Texas.
Thanks I guess I better get a few estamates

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: