Birds and their Droppings on Deck

Old 06-03-05, 05:49 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Birds and their Droppings on Deck

My neighbors have two bird feeders. My problem is these birds fly directly over my deck all day long leaving their droppings all over my deck, furniture and cushions. They also enjoy perching on the railing. It has become a huge problem. I am at the end of my rope. Is there anything I can do?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-05, 02:09 PM
R
Hi-
Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is try to talk to your neighbours about the problem. Ask if they can move the feeders to the other side of their house so your deck doesn't remain on the flight path.

You can also try a plastic owl decoy, which has varying degrees of success. It won't stop the birds from pooping as they fly over, but it might inhibit them from perching on the railing. Get a few large fluffy feathers and glue them to the top of the owl's head as this will make it more realistic to the birds, and make sure that the owl is placed in a natural position i.e. attached to the top of a post. I've seen people dangle plastic owls by a rope around their necks, and then be mystified when the birds aren't fooled.

Old 07-09-05, 09:50 AM
D
Sherry, where are you located?

Old 07-11-05, 06:39 AM
patndeb
Visiting Guest
I bought two owl decoys a month ago. I hung one in a tree out back and I have one filled with sand on the deck. The one on the deck I move every other day. This is really working. No more bird droppings. They always hung out on my deck railings and every night I'm hosing off droppings. Not any more. Try the decoys. I got mine at one of the large home improvement stores. They're very inexpensive.