Cave Crickets

Old 06-16-05, 10:58 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cave Crickets

I have them in my basement, and right now I am using the glue traps to control them. Any good sprays that would work well with these ugly creatures ? I assume they are coming from the outside. Are these creatures a common problem with most home owners ?

Thx
-TBucket

Old 06-24-05, 05:53 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 867 Votes on 798 Posts
If you are taking a weekend trip you can set off "bug bombs".

I made the mistake of bringing in some Iris rhyzomes for the winter and introduced camel back crickets to my house. They got into the walls and insulation. A thorough "bombing" was the only thing that did the trick.

Old 06-28-05, 10:27 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cave crickets (camel-backed crickets) require eliminating breeding and hiding sites around structure. Remove any debris, piles of bricks, brush, leaves, etc. around foundation. Seal all cracks or possible entries in foundation. Make sure all doors and windows properly close with no gaps under or around them. Spray with residual insecticide around foundation on a regular basis. Spray along bottom of basement walls with ant/roach spray. Sticky traps are also an option for indoors.

Old 07-24-05, 02:21 PM
lbsigmon
Visiting Guest
These insects seem to be very difficult to get rid of...a solution that worked well for us was to use the bagged insecticide (Diazanon, Triacide, etc) that you spread on the yard. We put it around the perimeter of the house on the outside, especially concentrating on the vents under the foundation and any other openings to the foundation. For the inside, I put some of the insecticide on small DISPOSABLE plates and set it in the corners of the basement, laundry room, etc. Just be very careful about children and pets!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: