bear in the chicken yard

Old 07-17-05, 10:12 AM
painter123
Visiting Guest
Angry bear in the chicken yard

for the past month a bear has been eating my grand-daughters chickens. he has become more agressive over the last week, by coming right up to the deck to trying to get the cat. i do have excess to an electric fence kit, but what i need to know is should i fence just the chicken yard or the area around the house also. and how many strands of barb wire should i connect to the controller? my next problem is, how far out from the chicken fence do i put the electric fence to keep it from shorting out on the chicken wire? yes, bard wire must be used to get a better shock though the hair of the bear as with sheep. thank you for any help wall:

Old 07-17-05, 11:25 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bear will go through an electric fence. I know someone who tried that to keep them away from beehives and it wasn't successfull. If the bear is getting that agressive, i would call your local police department to see who you have to contact to get it removed. I would suggest shooting it if it becomes confrontational with you, but i am not sure what your state laws say about that. Some states don't like that at all.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: