Ants living in the walls

Old 07-18-05, 10:21 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ants living in the walls

I recently discovered a huge line of ants marching through a hole in the mortar of my brick house. They are small black ants. I would like to stop this invasion as they often find their way into the house as well. I do not want to simply plug the hole because I think they will then be forced to come into the house. Soooo, what is the best way to address this situation.

Also, could they be doing any structural damage to the house?

Thanks.

Old 07-18-05, 09:06 PM
buggy
Visiting Guest
Treat the foundation and 2ft out with a residual liquid or granular on the exterior, then treat along your baseboard area inside with a labeled insecticide, then plug the hole. If they are small black ants they are probably not Carpenter ants.

Old 07-28-05, 06:03 PM
twojciac
Visiting Guest
Terro is the greatest stuff in the world for sweet loving ants. Lowes now carries a package with 2 outdoor bait stations and 4 indoor. One thing to know up front is that when you put the bait out, you will see hundreds of ants, more than you are used to. They'll take it back to the nest and within 7 days you won't see another ant.

I've used it in two of my homes now and it wiped out all problems within 5 days each.

Old 08-01-05, 10:29 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Place powdered insecticide like Sevin into empty plastic squeeze bottle with plastic nozzle and puff in around opening where ants travel. Poison will be carried back to colony. Do not cease treatment or seal opening until you observe no more activity. Also, spread Sevin along foundation and perimeter of home on a regular basis for insect control.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: