Waspinator?

Old 07-18-05, 10:53 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Waspinator?

I found The Waspinator (www.waspinator.com) and it seems as though it might help. I have these damned things EVERYWHERE and I would like to try to repel them without having to kill each one as it flys by.

Right now I have them in the aluminum shutters, in the slats of the shadowbox fence, in the shed and under the overhang of the roof. I'm mildly allergic to them and I can't even go outside to do simple projects like fixing a paver walkway without seeing 4 or 5 buzzing around.

It seems to repel them by tricking them into thinking there is a large preexisting nest but before I buy one or two of these, I'd like to know if anyone else has tried it or a home remedy? Supposedly a wadded up paper bag does something similar.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-05, 12:57 AM
T
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There are jet stream wasp sprays that can be sprayed at dusk when wasps have returned to the nest. Were long sleeves and long pants, just in case. If you are allergic, call a professional exterminator. If you can hold out until frosts, paper wasps will abandon the nests, and you can knock them down.

Old 07-21-05, 06:53 AM
J
It seems (in theory) to be a great idea.. they think it's a larger competing nest and they don't build their own in the area.

Do you know of any good information on wasp behavior? All I can seem to find online is that they fly and sting. I'd like to know more about their lifecycle and what I can do to KEEP them away.

Old 07-21-05, 11:23 PM
T
It would be helpful to identify the type of wasp you have. Different types of wasps tend to build different types of nests. Thus, a Waspinator, I assume. would be a gadget that replicates the nest of a paper wasp?

You might find the following article helpful with identification and learning about the behavior of wasps. http://www.backyardnature.net/wasps.htm

Old 04-30-09, 12:58 PM
M
Talking Waspinator

Hi, Last year, at a going out of business sale, I bought a product called the Waspinator. It was a flattened fake wasp's nest and all I did was puff it into shape and hang it. I didn't have a wasp all season. There are alot of websites that sell them and a HUGE price difference. I checked my local stores (Lowes,Home Depot, and a nursery) but they didn't carry them. I can recommend this for the big black wasps but they are the only kind I have.