Scratch Moles, anyone up for Woodchuck?

Old 08-02-05, 08:07 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Scratch Moles, anyone up for Woodchuck?

Anyone have any suggestions on how to rid the yard of a woodchuck outside of a little ammunition? I live in a suburb and would like to take him without use of a gun. I've tried the smoke bombs, with no success, probably has lung cancer by now, but still running around eating shrubs... Any suggestions?

Old 08-03-05, 06:24 PM
Did you cover the hole when you smokebombed him?

Otherwise.. traps.

Old 08-04-05, 11:34 PM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Fumigation can be used. This is best done in spring when burrows are active and easily sighted. In late summer, fall, & winter they take to burrows for protection and may hibernate there during winter.

Old 08-07-05, 09:33 AM
S
Cool woodchucks

POST EDITED: It is a known fact that mixing chlorine bleach and ammonia produces a deadly gas. To advice forum members to do so places them at risk. To do so is not allowed in forums.

Last edited by twelvepole; 09-23-05 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Posting advice that places forum posters in possible life-threatening situation is not allowed
Old 08-07-05, 09:56 AM
You are crazy telling someone to mix chemicals like that...

Old 08-07-05, 02:32 PM
I have dealt with many furry criters here from skunks to chipmunks. But telling people to mix 2 very reactive chemicals together is irresponsible. Not everyone knows how deadly that mixture is and might not take any precautions while trying it.

Old 09-18-05, 07:55 PM
E
The sad thing is...

The sad thing is, I was thinking about doing this very same exact thing. Well, I managed to capture him in a live trap (little ******* had a thing for my pumpkins, and it made for great bait). Looks like I'm going to be at it again though, as soon as he was captured another one moved in, guess that's what I get for not filling into the hole fast enough.... Thanks for the feedback.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: