Outdoor Rat Control (battery operated)

Old 09-22-05, 09:14 AM
GeddyLeeRocks
Visiting Guest
Outdoor Rat Control (battery operated)

Hello,
I am having a hard time finding a rat sonar pest controller. I have 4 dogs and 2 kids, don't want poisons or traps so I am looking for a sonar controller. It needs to be battery operated because I do not have electrical outlets outside. Anyone know of anything?

Old 09-23-05, 08:01 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
There is no scientific evidence, despite testimonials to the contrary, that sonar devices are effective for pest control. Do not allow dog food to stay outdoors overnight. Clean up dog droppings daily. Eliminate anything from the landscape that rats could feed on. Eliminate bird feeders. Seal garbage in bags and place in sealed trash cans. Clean up any debris and hiding places. Inspect landscape and outbuildings for nests. Inspect outside of home for entries and seal. Seal where pipes and wires enter home. Seal openings around pipes under sinks with stainless steel scrubbies. Look for runways and burrows along structures and fences. Floor drains should be covered with a grate.

For more information about rats and their control, go to http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/pcnorwayrat.htm

Old 11-14-05, 08:34 PM
PainterGirl
Visiting Guest
Last year we noticed rats for the first time in 20 years in our yard, as did several other neighbours - we think nearby construction in a former woodlot sent them scrambling. They were feasting in our covered compost bin. We too have pets & kids so didn't want to use any poisons. We started placing a trap INSIDE the compost bin each night - we were stunned to catch 21 rats in a period of 3 months! We didn't see any at all this past summer - so I guess our population control measures were successful! Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: