Do-It-Yourself Termite Bait Systems & more

Old 10-24-05, 09:01 PM
sweetbuy99
Visiting Guest
Red face Do-It-Yourself Termite Bait Systems & more

Hi,

Like a lot of new homeowner, I jumped into all kinds of programs very easily. I recently bought a new home and purchased pest and termite controls. I have a company to setup everything (termite bait system) and monitor bi-monthly. After talking to my peers, I was basically told that most of it can be done by myself at much lower costs. I do monitor each termite station regularly, just like the termite control company does, except I don't charge myself for it.

Anyway, i have discontinued my contract. Now i'm worried because I basically have those baits sitting every corner of my house but I don't have a chemical to kill them. I don't know how good are those over-the-counter chemicals (if there's one).

Greatly appreciate any professional comments!!!!

Please help.

Old 10-31-05, 12:44 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Termite protection for your home is best left to a professional. The pros have the chemicals.

Old 11-28-05, 08:04 PM
sweetbuy99
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your advice.

I just bought this new house last year and I was told by number of peeps that all new houses are pre-treated so no need to worry about termites for at least a few years!

One company persuaded me to install termite bait stations and I did. However, I didn't see any termite activities for 6 months so I cancelled them. Now i start seeing termites (or just ants) in couple stations. The brand of the bait station is ADVANCED. The active ingredients and TICs are pretty costly!

is anyone here a licensed rep? I also need some professional advice. I was told to put an auxiliary station right next to the station with termite activity. Is it really neccessary? DOes it mean that every time I discover termite I have to buy a station? Those stations come in a set of 8. I start to think it maybe better off to hire a professional company.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-28-05, 08:05 PM
sweetbuy99
Visiting Guest
Termites Termites Termites

I just bought this new house last year and I was told by number of peeps that all new houses are pre-treated so no need to worry about termites for at least a few years!

One company persuaded me to install termite bait stations and I did. However, I didn't see any termite activities for 6 months so I cancelled them. Now i start seeing termites (or just ants) in couple stations. The brand of the bait station is ADVANCED. The active ingredients and TICs are pretty costly!

is anyone here a licensed rep? I also need some professional advice. I was told to put an auxiliary station right next to the station with termite activity. Is it really neccessary? DOes it mean that every time I discover termite I have to buy a station? Those stations come in a set of 8. I start to think it maybe better off to hire a professional company.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: