straw

Old 11-20-05, 12:54 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
straw

i have a outside mice problem this year ,frist time in 20 years. my question is could they be attacted to the 4 bales of straw i used for fall decoration this year. thanks andy

Old 11-20-05, 01:33 PM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Mice love straw for napping and nesting. Make sure your house is mouse proof by sealing all entries into the structure. They can come in through a hole as small as a dime or gap as small as 1/4". Remove and dispose of straw. Mice are also attracted to pet food dishes and bird seed in the landscape. In addition to exclusion, eliminating food sources and hiding places are good control measures.

Old 11-20-05, 02:30 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
dogs

also i have 2 puppys do mice like there poop. thanks andy

Old 11-21-05, 02:22 PM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Dog waste is attracts rats and rodents. Use a pooper scooper to keep yard free of dog waste. Pick up waste and drop into plastic bag. Tie in knot and drop in outdoor trash can that is kept sealed.

Old 11-30-05, 10:38 PM
yooperlou
Visiting Guest
we own several horses which means we buy a lot of straw/hay. If you want mice that is the best way to invite them in. Sometimes during the bailing process they get trapped in there, other times they purposely breed in them if the bale has been on the ground for some time. Nice and warm, makes a good mouse abode. I agree with 12pole, do all you can to keep them out instead of in, either that or get a cat

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: