Any tips for getting rid of ants??

Old 12-07-05, 07:10 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any tips for getting rid of ants??

I just noticed quite a few ants in my first floor bathroom. I have an 8 month old baby so I rather not use a lot of chemicals around there.

Any home remedy ideas that may help? Thanks!!

Old 12-07-05, 04:11 PM
DNT1
Visiting Guest
Unfortunatley ants inside your CLEAN house usually are indicative of a termite infestation have your house termite treated and the ant problem will disappear.

Old 12-08-05, 11:47 AM
highlander
Visiting Guest
I've got one for ya! My college roomate did this once and I was amazed that it worked.

Buy a single habenero pepper at the grocercy store. PUT ON GLOVES. Cut the pepper open and rub it along the ant trail and sourrounding area. Can you imagine walking barefoot on habenaro juice????

Old 12-08-05, 11:51 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Ant baits like Terro are recommended. The bait gets carried back to the colony where it kills the ants.

Old 01-07-06, 07:58 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

You can try liquid ant killer (its borax based) it comes in small bottle from walmart or your local hardware store. I think you can also get it in grocery stores, raid has a good one just pour one or two drops in a bottle cap and place where you think they are coming in or visible, (I try to actually hit an ant) they take the stuff back to the nest and it kills the whole colony, usually within a few days you dont see any. If your looking for a more organic aproach then try mixing equal ammounts of icing sugar and baking soda (usually about a half teaspoon) mix well and place where ants are seen. Ants do not have a burping system therefore mixed with saliva the soda expands inside thier stomach and they burst, sounds yucky but it does work.

It also applies to earwigs too.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: