Tiny brown bugs in kitchen!

Old 02-07-06, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tiny brown bugs in kitchen!

I have these tiny little bugs that show up in my kitchen. When I sweep the floor they look like a speck of dirt,but with closer inspection they move.I cleaned all of my cupboards out and found a bunch of dead ones in my muffin tins.Then I pulled my fridge and stove out and I found a few.So I pulled my built in dishwasher out as far as I could and seen alot of them(also a lot of crumbs under there!!).I was wondering if these bugs are caused from crumbs in my cupboards or coming from the humidity from my dishwasher???And what to do about them???Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-06, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Identification will be required before proceeding with control. You can gather some pests with sticky tape and take to your local Dept. of Agriculture Extension Agent for identification and recommendations for control. Or, you can call an exterminator who can identify and provide control.

In the meantime, store all food in airtight containers. Look closely through grain products for signs of infestation and discard. The eggs and larvae of pantry pests are usually brought home in grain products. If left on shelf too long these products become infested and other food stuffs become infested. Usually discarding infested foods and vacuuming all nooks and crannies of cupboards tend to offer effective control. There are sticky traps available for catching pantry pests in cupboards.