Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Insect, Pests and Animal Control. Home Pets and Farm Animals > Indoor and Outdoor Insect and Pest Control
Reload this Page >

Either that Squirrel's at my house...OR it's Chip 'n Dale & all the kids! Help!

Either that Squirrel's at my house...OR it's Chip 'n Dale & all the kids! Help!

Old 02-09-06, 07:29 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Either that Squirrel's at my house...OR it's Chip 'n Dale & all the kids! Help!

I just registered and the first forum conversation I read was the squirrel problem. We live in an 8-yr-old house with a cathedral ceiling and a loft bedroom. We hear "chattering" at night in the wall closest to the large fireplace. Then, about 8 pm each night I hear a series of little thump-thump-thumps (as in running feet) and then one big thump (as if something jumped). Now, I'm not sure if he's running across the top of my metal roof OR the inside of my pine ceiling (I hope it's the first). And if he's heavy enough to make those sounds...just how big is he? My husband laughs...I plot! I think I need to set a trap in the attic OR outside the house near the chimney? And I've determined that last "thump" when he runs is him jumping up to the tree next to the house. PS: Yes, we have flying squirrels. HELP!

Old 02-09-06, 04:21 PM
F
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
the flying squirell is not going to make that much noise. check the top of the house for entry points. if you see none it's likely that the noise you hear is from the roof. they can be fun little buggers to have around but not in your attic.

Old 02-18-06, 10:14 AM
yooperlou
Visiting Guest
We have had the same issue in the past with flying squirrels. You would be suprised just how much noise they can and do make. I ended up building a chippie trap and caught the two that made it into the ceiling. I have since put up a fake owl and the problem went away, at least for now

Old 02-18-06, 10:46 AM
S
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I'm sure my squirrels are going over to your house at night
It's two flying squirrels and two Very Large gray squirrels
My family is calling them the "Mutant Squirrels"
I think they've teamed up as they are almost always out there together

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: