pesty squirrel

Old 03-21-06, 12:37 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question pesty squirrel

I have a pesty squirrel that is eating the side of my house right below the roof. I was told that squirrels like to go back to where they were born. When we purchased our house, there was a hole in the roof, so that kinda makes sense. He climbs up a wooden post on to our upper deck and then climbs another wooden post to the roof line. I've tried a spray from home depot, which didn't work.

I planned on screening in the upper deck, but now I'm concerned that the squirrel will damage the screen. Any suggestions?

Old 03-21-06, 07:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will need to deny access from the post he climbs. It may take making a squirrel guard out of a garbage can lid that prevents him getting up the post. I do not think it will have to be a permanent thing, just long enough to let him know he can't get to where he wants to go. Good luck.

Old 03-21-06, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know how your post is but pvc pipe works good, its to slippery for them to grab.

I also heard that animals hate hot sauce so you could try putting some of that around where he digs in the roof and when he trys to clean it off his hands, bam. He may trash you bird bath after this though lol

Hot sauce doesnt work for birds though they cant taste spicy flavors.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: