home remedy for field mice

Old 12-04-07, 06:46 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
home remedy for field mice

I live in a travel trailer (45') while we are building our house. I have field mice coming in in almost daily. I have tried moth balls. Traps and still am being awakened during the night with these unsavory critters. Is their anything I can do wthout poison? Home remedy? Like feeding them rice so they implode? I have a 3 yr old grandson, so I am reluctant to using poisions.

Thank you

Old 12-04-07, 08:19 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,287 Upvotes on 1,225 Posts
1 Find and seal the holes they're using to get in
2 Buy a cat

Old 12-05-07, 08:14 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Go under trailer and seal all holes and gaps with caulk or steel wool. Seal all openings inside and out where wires and pipes enter. Seal all openings around where pipes enter beneath sinks.

Do not use mothballs in areas occupied by humans. Their odor is toxic. Poisons and baits used indoors can result in mice dying in wall voids or other inconspicuous places where they will remain until fully decomposed. In the meantime, the odor will be a problem.

Once mice are inside the home, trapping tends to be the most effective means of control. Place traps along baseboards in areas which are not accessible to a child or remove when child is present. There are nontoxic sticky traps available, which may be a better option around children.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: