Where or where can I find the bees?

Old 04-13-08, 10:54 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where or where can I find the bees?

My little girl's bedroom is filled with bees but I can't find where they are in from? Help! They are wasps or hornets and were around last year..it is now spring time in New England and now her room if full of them, 20 new ones in the past two days. They are only in her room.. there are three windows and an attic above.. it is also heated by forced hot water.. I haven't found any holes for them come in.. Could they be in the carpet? Where would they nest? Should I fog them out?

Thanks
jbw..

Old 04-13-08, 11:59 AM
nap
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
it doesn;t take much of a hole for them to get in the room. when it gets towards the evening, I would calmly watch to see where they go. They will return to their nest for the night. Then, you can figure out where the nest is and deal with it.

I doubt fogging would do any good because I suspect the nest is not in her room and a fogger would most likely not reach them.

Old 04-13-08, 12:16 PM
N
Great advice from Nap. I suspect they are either in the wall or the attic. They may be coming through a recepticle or along the baseboard at the floor.

Newt

Old 04-13-08, 05:01 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Or, they could enter around a ceiling fixture. Swat a bee and put it in a bag. Because it's a child's room and because of the potential allergic reactions from bees, I'd call an exterminator ASAP. They have the professional chemicals and tools to deal with infestations. Setting off a bomb will likely not be effective. The bomb will not reach in wall voids and will have no effective on eggs in protective nest.

Old 04-23-08, 10:22 AM
B
I put a fogger in and they have not returned for 5 days. It seemed to get them all.. do you think they will return?

Old 04-23-08, 01:48 PM
nap
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
not sure how long it takes eggs to hatch and if they will survive once they do.

we shall see.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: