Bees in Attic

Old 08-04-08, 10:52 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bees in Attic

I found a couple of bee hives in my attic. One looked active the other looked empty. Can I use a fogger/bomb in the attic? Would this cause a ventilation issue in the house? Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Old 08-04-08, 12:06 PM
S
Foggers will work for bees in the attic with only a few precautions etc.Since attics are ventilated you may needs more than one to properly do the job in a larger or more open space.You want to not be there during the actual fogging process and take pets outside and air out the inside when the job is done but you don't have to be concerned about covering dishes and such as most foggers advise.The inside is not going to get that much fogger in it but there will be some seepage and you and your pets shouldn't breathe it.Other than that if you store anything subject to possible damage by the foggers you'll want to take that into account.

Old 08-04-08, 12:12 PM
M
Thanks for the advice. Will not be using foggers. Can I just use Wasp/Hornet/bee spray like Raid?

Old 08-04-08, 12:29 PM
S
Wasp sprays will work if you can directly hit the nests.Note that these sprays have long jet blast sprays and will definately hit more than the nests.Best to do this late in the day or at night and to not turn on the lights in the attic to do it.

Old 08-04-08, 01:21 PM
M
will give it a shot...Thanks!

Old 08-04-08, 06:00 PM
N
I'd say to call a beekeeper for safe removal. They will probably be glad to have them. Much safer that way.

Newt

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: