Help me identify this "things" that are stuck on the wall

Old 08-06-08, 07:49 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help me identify this "things" that are stuck on the wall

As you can see in the picture, they are brown whatever thing they are. They get stuck in the wall, I've neved seem them move. I don't know whats inside. They may be eggs for something. They are small, they never grow any bigger than shown on the picture.

I live in a caribbean Island, and I've seen this things on the wall since I was born. They don't move no matter what I do to them. Please, help me identify this things so that I can find somewhere on the internet how to get rid of them. They are really annoying.

Please advise.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29294194@N02/2738846974/

Old 08-06-08, 03:49 PM
J
Sorry I cannot give you any name of what they are. I had them in our garage area on the walls when we lived in South Florida. I assumed they were some tupe of cocoon. Never remembered seeing anything come out of them.

I just used a shop vac or a broom and took them off the walls.

Old 08-06-08, 04:44 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
can you get a better pic? Can't really see what they are in this pic but they seem to look like an earwig from what I can see:

Earwigs do molt as they grow so maybe you have some leftover casings from the molting. That would explain the lack of movement.

Old 08-10-08, 06:51 AM
N
Hi Bicho,

Consider contacting a local university for some help with id. They might want a sample.

Newt

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: