House Flies in Basement

Old 08-12-08, 06:16 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
House Flies in Basement

Hi,

We've got a problem with house flies. Yesterday I think we must have killed at least 100 flies in the basement (finished basement). We have no idea where they are coming from but it only started a few days ago with a few flies here and there but yesterday it was crazy. It is clean down there and there are no apparent locations where they can be breading but I was wondering if anyone has suggestions/questions that can help find possible breading areas...

Thanks,
Robby

Old 08-12-08, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
You probably have something dead in a wall or ceiling. Happened in my garage. Couldn't figure where they were coming from. Sprayed everywhere I could think and swatted like crazy. Stopped after a few weeks. When I moved 9 months later, found a dessicated dead baby rabbit or squirrel (hard to tell) under a rack of shelves. Apparently the cat dragged it in, but it got away from her and went under the rack. Never had any noticeable smell either.

Old 08-12-08, 07:07 AM
R
Yeah that's possibly it. There are no dead animal like smells at all. I suppose once they finish eating the dead, whatever it is, they will start to disapear. Hopefully thats it because other than that I have no idea where they would be breading at????

Old 08-12-08, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 407 Upvotes on 334 Posts
We've had that problem in our basement and in our case, we had some old windows and on the other side of that is where we keep our trash cans, so I figure they were coming in thru the old windows. Last year we replaced the old windows with glass blocks and haven't seen the flies since. I wonder if you have any older windows or maybe a window that needs to be re-sealed?

Old 08-12-08, 11:50 AM
R
All windows are new, one of them however does not have a windows case, ill check it for leaks...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: