How do cricketts get in the dang house ?

Old 08-13-08, 05:28 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do cricketts get in the dang house ?

There are no cracks under the door or windows big enough for them to get in. That is, that I can see anyway. The only thing I can think of is maybe the "door sweep", since they are rubber, the little boogers are pushing their way under them.

How do these things get in a house ? Im seeing 3-4 every day!

Old 08-13-08, 06:05 PM
N
There are many places where pipes and vents penetrate a home. They can often find their way in through those areas as well.

Newt

Old 08-14-08, 04:16 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 383 Votes on 339 Posts
I have the same problem from time to time. I'll mix up some insectcide and spray the crawlspace. It is usually pretty effective. When my wife starts hollering, I know it's time to spray again

I agree that they are probably coming in thru plumbing and electrical. Crickets will showup in our bath rm before anywhere else.

Old 08-14-08, 10:28 AM
D
Me too. Found one yesterday in the kitchen sink. Tried to drown the sucker but it came back up so I just washed the dishes and it was gone... I hope.

They could also come up from cracks in the house besides the doors or windows. Check your baseboards.

I've tried those sticky traps (I think they were made for spiders) and the crickets got caught on them. I believe there are sticky traps for the crickets as well if you want to go that route.

Old 08-14-08, 07:05 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
I was lucky and found the spot mine were coming in. The glue traps did a nice job of catching the ones that were inside.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: