Best darn mouse trap EVER!!

Old 09-13-08, 09:48 AM
Group Moderator
Received 283 Votes on 247 Posts
Best darn mouse trap EVER!!

I don't usually do this but I have found these truly exceptional. It is the Kness Snap-E trap. http://www.kness.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=19
I got some of these on a job I was working on and they were from a commercial pest company. I tried them and had success right away. I searched the Internet and found them for sale on the above website and bought some more. Just last week I spotted a mouse in my shop (days are getting cool)and I set 3 of these traps. The next day I caught 2. I reset them and caught 2 more about 4 hrs later. Reset and caught another 1 the same day! The traps have a very large trip plate and it takes very low pressure to trip. The trap only travels 1/2 the distance of other traps and you do not have to touch the mouse to release it. Since buying them I have found them cheaper at a Midwest store call Fleet Farm for about $5 for a 2 pack.

Old 09-13-08, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if you have a large mouse population that needs control use a 5 gallon bucket, cut two small notches in the rim opposite each other then cut the bottom straight piece off of a clothes hanger and slide a cardboard roll from a roll of paper towels over it hang the wire in the notches and put the roll just off of the edge of the bucket smear peanut butter on the roll and add about 3 in of water to the bottom of the bucket, then make a ramp out of a scrap piece of lumber to the bucket rim next to your cardboard roll. you will need to empty the bucket daily or add antifreeze to it to keep the smell down though. one guy in fur fish game said he caught over 50 mice in one day in his cabin in alaska this way.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Old 09-13-08, 02:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You could also use my cat. He eats them whole headfirst, or if you don't live close to me, you could leave a partially full beer bottle in a car you are leaving outside. The mice will go into it attracted to the smell and cannot climb out. Easy disposal this way too.

Old 09-13-08, 04:53 PM
E
Speedwrench,

I follow. Really clever. So they "log roll" themselves into the water and drowned. Only mouse able to survive would have to be like a champion log roller that they have at lumberjack contests.

Old 09-13-08, 09:22 PM
Group Moderator
Received 283 Votes on 247 Posts
Speedwrench, I have used that trap too with good success but I was shown to hang a pop can upside down and put the peanut butter in the bottom of the can (facing up) so when the mouse tries to get the bait he falls in. Sometimes I get a good one and he eats all the bait. I like your way with the log roll trick. My boss sets one up every fall in his cabin for over the winter. Works great and the mice are a nice lime green.

nightowlpunk, Seams kind of a waste of a beer. LOL! Beer 4U2

Old 09-14-08, 03:55 PM
Why else was cheap beer invented? I'm talking $5 or less for a six pack. Or use good beer that skunked.

Old 09-14-08, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
No such thing as bad beer. If you can't drink skunked beer, start hanging out at wine bars...lol

Too many years in the Navy, too many ports with nothing BUT skunked/bad beer.

Old 09-22-08, 04:42 PM
E
I made that bucket trap today! Put it in expensive home where homeowners are away for months, and house is vacant. Mouse(mice?) got in and chewed paper into confetti, in cabinet.

Old 11-15-08, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I like that Snap-E trap.. 'Hi-tch'. Ive had some unwelcomed visitors lately. Caught 2 so far with the traditions traps, but these buggers are clever, for sure.
Theyre coming in under the kitchen sink/cabinet, so the space is a bit small for the 'bucket-drowning' idea.

Old 11-19-08, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Just an update....
p/u 1 of those 'Snap-E' - Predator Mouse traps and they do a hellofa job. - so far!!
Caught 3 w/in a week.
On an upnote, I kiinda have to thank 'their' markings, as it made me open the cavity between walls to clean out..and noticed... a minute bit of drip.. a bead of sweat, from the old(er) cold water line.....
Oh sheit!!!
So I guess I had to deal with that as well. (what a pita).
But so far, no other water leak...and the mice are dwindling...!
(hopefully..........).
Neat trap system, tho!

Old 11-22-08, 07:59 PM
Buy a .50 cent mousetrap

Buy a small roll of thread

Wrap that thread where you would place the cheese, wrap a ball of that thread on it.

But when you wrap it, randomly put some larger loops so numerous loops of thread are hanging from the ball.

Take peanut butter and smear that ball of thread, covering those loose loops so it looks just like one ball of peanut butter.

When the mouse carefully starts eating that peanut butter, the desire to "eat it all" will have that mouse licking the peanut butter and eventually one of those loose loops of thread will catch in their teeth and BAM!!! you'll catch that mouse instantly.

The loops in that thread gets them every time. An old fellow told me that trick and we had a apartment building infested with these thanks to a renter.

Caught 18 the first night, 7 the next, 42 in all in a week, all gone.

I almost felt bad for the mice given the trap worked so well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: