Re: little brown bugs in kitchen.

Old 11-11-08, 06:36 AM
V
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Re: little brown bugs in kitchen.

I have been having a problem with these bugs. It is absolutely driving me crazy and I cannot figure out what they are. They are almost like little beattle like bugs. I find them all over my house, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom. They do fly and crawl real slow, they seem to like lamps to. Please help!
=============================================
Victor Smith

Last edited by GregH; 11-11-08 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Remove link
Old 11-11-08, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator
Received 49 Votes on 46 Posts
If you are able to provide a clear in-focus picture we could likely identify it for you.

You can not post pictures here directly but if you join a free site like Photo Bucket you can post it there and provide a link.

Old 11-12-08, 06:48 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Are your sure

they aren't roaches?

In July I moved into a new apartment apparently infested by these. My 5 yo, who never saw a roach before, calls them "teeny tiny turtles".

If they look like ladybugs (round shaped), but they are dark brown or black, they are roaches. Male roaches.

The female ones are a bit bigger, looking more like a roach but we don't see them as often as we see the males, which are everywhere.

In my home they hang more where there is food and moisture: kitchen and bathroom.

We are waiting for the landlord to have it sprayed but in the mean time we are taking some precautions to control the infestation: no food or dirty dishes hanging in the counters and sink. The garbage is taken out several times a day.

I was told they dislike the smell of Eucalyptus, so I mop the floors with Pinesol and the counters with a solution of water and Eucalyptus oil. It seems to help.

I am seeing less and less of them. Sometimes weeks go by without us seeing a single one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: