Voles in Mulch

Old 03-11-00, 06:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Hello, Does anyone know an effective way to get rid of voles?? The look a little like field mice and seem to burrow in Mulch. I have not seen any in the house but I am concerned they may get it. Your help is appreciated.

Old 10-17-05, 08:47 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I had Voles and Moles throughout my front yard. I tried every possible product to get ride of them. Nothing worked. I finally had to call a "wildlife expert" to come in and actually trap them with underground traps. This finally did the trick! He caught 3 and I didn't have a problem after that.

Old 10-17-05, 04:31 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The most effective control is trapping. Regular snap traps can be used. It takes a large number set out all at once for one or two nights. Bait with a little peanutbutter or a tiny bit of apple and set out for a couple of nights without the traps being set. Then, set the traps.

There are also chemical repellents that can be used that make plants taste bad. Voles can destroy a garden or flower bed. They have 17 litters a year, so there's potentially a lot of munching that can take place in your landscape.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: