Roach bombs in the attic?

Old 01-02-09, 10:09 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Roach bombs in the attic?

Hello Doityourself users,
I've done pretty good at getting rid of roaches by storing pantry food in containers and keeping the kitchen clean. I set off roach bombs in the kitchen a few months ago and still see one or two every now and then. One route of entry was a hole in the pantry ceiling but I closed that up; I've seen a significant difference. Is is advisable to set off roach bombs in the attic? The furnace is about 7 years old and doesn't have a pilot light.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Old 01-02-09, 01:33 PM
S
What type of furnace is it?

Basically if there are no exposed flames and no way anything burning can be accessed by fumes then it's ok.You can obviously shut off the heat and I would do that mostly so the fumes are not circulated by the system.

Also look for water based foggers versus petroleum distillate based.

I don't think foggers would interfere with the function of the furnace and you'd only need to use one or two foggers in an attic.

Old 01-02-09, 01:59 PM
T
Foggers will only kill live roaches not those in egg cases. They are really not recommended. You need to incorporate borate powder and a bait in your program. Regular perimeter treatment of the exterior of the structure along foundation is helpful to keep the neighbors' roaches from visiting you.

Cockroach Control Guide / Environmental Health Watch

Old 01-03-09, 10:33 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You may get a few that way but most will nestle down under the insulation or in any storage until the fog wears off. It'd be better to sprinkle (or toss) bait in the attic. You can buy a bag of 'loose' bait usually from a 'do it yourself' store. Look for "Niban". It has some heat tolerance and will last for quite some time. Also continue your sealing efforts outside around the soffet area if you can. ie; where cable lines may go into attic or pipes etc. Here's a link with more tips on roaches that may help.Also there is an article on how bugs enter.
Hope it helps.Pest Cemetery Roaches
Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: