Flying ants getting inside my room and driving me crazy!

Old 06-27-09, 09:59 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Flying ants getting inside my room and driving me crazy!

I have no idea where they are coming in from. The only guess I can make is from the chimney, but I've never seen one crawl in from there. They just began coming in this month and now it's where I'm killing 50-100 of them a night. They begin to show up around dusk and the later it gets, the more of them there are. They like any light source in my room, especially televisions and computer monitors, but I'll find them crawling on me as I'm lying down. We THINK they might be carpenter ants, but we're not sure.

Is there some way to repel these ants from coming in?

Old 06-27-09, 11:51 PM
P
Ok, I've found the point where they are coming in, but I'm using Spectracide Indoor/Outdoor pesticide spray and it's not killing them very well. Only if I drown them in it will it kill them.

Any suggestions?

Old 07-27-09, 06:39 AM
H
Do a search for Advance carpenter ant bait and Maxforce gel. Off the shelf products do not work good for carpenter ants. Most sprays only prevent ants, they do not get rid of a nest that is already in your house. Sprays can also make the problem even worse by causing ants to move and create more nests! Ants can detect most residual sprays and they avoid the poison making it ineffective. This is also why you cant use ant bait and sprays together or they avoid the bait. Bait is best if you don't know where the nest is. The ants take it back to the nest and it kills the queen and whole nest.
I have tried everything from the big box stores for over a year. Then I ordered the above products and the ants where gone for good in two days! The bait is not cheep, but very worth it. This is very strong professional poison, so be careful around pets and children!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: