Old 08-11-09, 04:41 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bats

too many of them to count. need them gone!HELP

Old 08-11-09, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
And maybe a little more info would help? Are they in the house? The attic? The garage? The barn? Or just flying around outside.

Bats are a good thing as long as they aren't inside.

Old 08-11-09, 08:52 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
they are in between the ceiling and the roof. the house was built with rafter type roof ,and the rafters are exposed,the facia actually sits on top of the rafters.they are not a good thing anymore.i think they are just comfotable now.

Old 08-11-09, 09:46 PM
nap
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
one site I went to did not sound all that promising but it did offer these methods:

Environmental Deterrents

If you have some areas that you just canít seal up, but want to discourage bats from taking up residence, do your best to make it look less desirable by mounting lights, hanging aluminum foil, balloons, windsocks, wind chimes (Tips on how to make a wind chime suncatcher), or other highly visible and mobile objects that will make the area appear bright, loud or busy.
they suggested against poisons or just about any other method.

Old 08-12-09, 04:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You may can discourage them by putting mothballs up in the attic near their entry points. But, in the meantime, either make or build some bat houses to give them an alternative place to live. We have a few around our place and they fly about in the early evening taking care of the mosquito population, then go to their houses that I placed in the lower parts, near the barn.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: