Help! Hornets in ground!

Old 08-26-09, 02:15 PM
Received 14 Votes on 10 Posts
Help! Hornets in ground!

Hi All,
A few days ago, I spotted a hornet nest in the ground. I waited until dark, blasted hornet killer in the hole, then buried it with dirt. The next day, I found that aparrently all the hornets were not in the nest overnight, as there are now dozens of them angrily circling the location. I have kids who play nearby, and I'm not sure what to do now. Any ideas?
Thanks much,
Andy

Old 08-26-09, 02:23 PM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
They frequently have multiple entrances so perhaps wait until you can spot where they are now exiting. I like to spray a large area and then cover that large area with plastic. You can't leave it on too long or it will kill the grass, but done at night and checked the next morning you should get an idea as to how the spray did. If they are active under the plastic. a small hole can be cut, more spray applied and the hole taped.

There are several recent threads you can look up and follow their instructions for pouring a mixture directly into the known holes in hopes of killing the queen. The plastic helps with that approach as well as the liquid can be poured directly through a small hole in the plastic.

Not a pro, just a coward.

Bud

Old 08-27-09, 06:42 PM
Received 14 Votes on 10 Posts
Thank you, Bud. Ill try that!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: