small bugs around toilet and sink

Old 06-27-10, 08:01 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
small bugs around toilet and sink

Someone please help. The past few days we have noticed very very small the size of a pencil dot, bugs around the toilet and bathroom sink. This is happening in both my upstairs bathroom and my down stairs 1/2 bath. They are not springtales or drain flies. They are brownish-red in color and do not jump. They move extremely fast if you put your finger near them. I have used bug spray twice which kills them on contact, but they always seem to reappear. I have cleaned the inside of the tanks with bleach and water and then shortly after they appear again. They are only in the bathrooms mostly on and around the toilet with only a few noticed around the sink and counter. I have tried to take a picture but they are too small to get a clear pic. The upstairs bathroom seems to be much better because I have only noticed a couple but the downstairs bathroom does not seem to be getting better. Any ideas please help

Thanks Phil

Old 06-29-10, 12:23 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
The description sounds like "clover mites" which would be entering from exterior. Is this wall on sunny-side of the house? Re-check other windowsills, especially the sunny side. Finding them in the bathroom may be purely co-incidental and un-related. Search internet for clover mites and see if this is the problem. If so, it is really an outdoor problem. They are harmless, just a nusiance. Hope this helps.

Old 06-29-10, 07:11 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Both bathrooms are on the back of the house which gets sun most of the day. The windows are always closed in those rooms but the size of these things I'm sure they can find a way in. My wife thought they might be clover mites but we were not to sure. We had an exterminator do a barrier spray around the house yesterday and there does seem to be less of them. I have only seen about six of them today. I think you are right about it being an outdoor problem because I noticed a few outside the past couple of days. Hopefully they will be fully gone in a few days. Thanks for the reply and help

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: