bed bugs problem

Old 12-02-10, 04:25 AM
M
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
bed bugs problem

I called up a bed bug company and they are telling me it will cost approx. $800 to correct this problem BUT could cost more depending on many times they have to treat. I came across this and was wondring which may be best, this unit below or a pest control company?

Vapamore MR-100 Dry Vapor Steamer

Old 12-13-10, 04:44 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
Steamers, heat treating, cold treating, are simply tools to use. Use all tools available to you. Bedbug treatments are labor and chemical intensive, usually with multiple treatments needed. Little to no protection against future re-infestation.

The mechanical treatments work only when the insect, egg are directly contacted. The heat travels only several inches from the nozzle at best, and is the temperature still hot enough several inches away? No one will know. Also, what about wall voids, insulation, electrical boxes, under carpet, inside mattresses. These devices must be used on a very regular basis in order to have any effectiveness at all. Learn about mattress/box spring covers. They must be used.

If adjoining apts/units are infested, then you may have a problem with no realistic solution.

Google "Potter" and "Bed bugs". Professor Potter is from Univ. of Kentucky; read and learn what he writes about bed bugs. Hope this helps.

Old 12-13-10, 06:00 AM
M
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Thanks, will look into it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: