Beat Roach control products?

Old 04-01-11, 07:17 AM
M
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Beat Roach control products?

A guy came here 2 years ago with a tube of gel, applied it mainly around the hinges of the cupboards and gave us a one year guarantee and it worked fine but he doesn't do this work any longer, I contacted other Pest Control people but they only offer a 3 month guarantee so I figure since the same Combat Gel and bait supplies state that they are good for 3 months I might as well attempt to do this myself, my questions to anyone here is, the guy used a "clear" type of gel, the combat gel is the color "brown" so this would not look good around the hinges or anywhere else, any idea where I might get that specific gel? Also, since he gave a one year guarantee this should mean that the gel he used is a LOT stronger than the Combat or Raid gel so where I can I get this clear and stronger gel please?

Old 04-04-11, 10:26 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
alot of stuff these guys use is not offered to the general public cause you need a liscence to carry and use due to toxins.
this product could have actually been taken off the market for various reasons which is why the other guys dont use it.

as for buying clear gel, i dont know but if you want a great product that works and lasts as long as its there get some boric acid powder. this stuff is a gem. it saved one of my apts along with orkin after some disgusting tenants were evicted.
just line the powder anywhere youve seen roaches and where they might hide.... under baseboard covers, and def under appliances and in the rear seam of cabinets.

Old 04-04-11, 10:35 AM
M
Thanks, will look into it.

Old 04-05-11, 07:51 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
def do, its cheap and insanely good. for some reason they are attracted to it and they carry it back to the nest where they die and then the others eat them and die. Ive read it dehydrates them to death but no one knows for sure why it works.
Its also completely natural and harmless to anything besides insects. Dont be fooled by raid or brand named powder products either. Just buy no named boric acid its all the same ive found.

Old 04-09-11, 08:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I agree with tevil when it comes to boric acid powder helping to combat roaches. Don't fall for the gimmicky marketing hype around Raid, Combat, etc. They're good but not the "end all be all".

Good luck Mike!

Old 05-06-11, 09:54 AM
M
I finally got the time to get the boric acid powder but one problem regarding the kitchen cupboards, what can I do? Do I place the power in the back line of the drawers and cupboards? If so, the powder may come into contact with whatever is in the cupboards and drawers so is this safe?

Old 05-07-11, 08:04 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 109 Upvotes on 102 Posts
An outstanding bait for german roaches, especially in cabinets, is Dupont Advion. It is a gel bait that comes in a plastic syringe. Some sites on line claim to sell it, but I have never purchased from them, or know anyone who has. The packaging and label appear to be the real thing.

Old 07-01-11, 04:15 AM
M
I tried using both the Boric acid and Combat gel and that did not work, I need something stronger, any ideas?

Old 07-01-11, 02:32 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 109 Upvotes on 102 Posts
You
don't need stronger, you need better. Get Dupont Advion as I posted before.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: