unwanted spiders

Old 07-21-11, 09:43 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
unwanted spiders

I have spiders, every where, and can't seem to get rid of them. There has always been a few in the cellar, but now the cellar is over run with them, and they are starting to show up in other parts of the house. Last spring the beginning of summer, I had to bomb the house 2 weeks in a row to get rid of a flee problem. And since then the spider problem has taking off. I don't know what kind they are, I call them cellar spider, because I have seen them a lot in different cellar here and there. There bodies are kind of small, and they have really long legs. And they can build a web in no time. I use the shop vac at least once a week, or my wife won't do the wash. They really need to go, I am getting tired of stopping what I am doing, or come home from work just to kill a spider. And now she has the kids scared, and some time I think the cats even run.
Ed

Old 07-22-11, 04:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 832 Upvotes on 729 Posts
I'm not sure what you could do other than to stay on top of the cleaning and spraying insecticide. Sooner or later you should win the war.

Old 07-22-11, 04:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Not to second guess you, but are they "spiders" or camel crickets? Do you have a moisture problem in the basement?

Old 07-22-11, 01:58 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 109 Upvotes on 102 Posts
An excellent material for spiders is the active ingredient: Lambda-cyhalothrin. It is a micro-encapsulated pyrethrin. Safe and long lasting. You buy the concentrate and mix with water. Apply with a hand held compressed air sprayer. The brand names that are available over the counter are many; here are some off the top of my head (on a Friday afternoon please understand): Border, Demand, Cyonara,. The box-stores have it too; check the active ingredients. Buy the concentrate only and mix it yourself. Much cheaper.

Old 07-22-11, 07:07 PM
E
I guess you could say I have a moisture problem in the basement. Over the past twelve years I have burned up 4 dehumidifiers. The past two months or so, I have been pumping on the ave of thirty gallons a week. And what is a camel cricket, I have never heard of such a thing.

Old 07-23-11, 03:59 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Voila! camel cricket:

Old 07-23-11, 07:43 AM
E
No, they look nothing like that. They look more like a daddy long leg, but there body is kind of oval, and lite brown.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: