Hornets & Worms.... Help please :)

Old 03-12-12, 07:54 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Hornets & Worms.... Help please :)

Hi there,

I have recently noticed a hornet nest by my one bedroom windows. What is the easiest way to get rid of them? I was thinking of standing quite far back and putting the hose on high pressure and whacking their nest off with the water.

Then, my other problem. I have loads of little black/dark brown worms that seem to be all over my house. Outside and inside. I'm not sure what kind of worms they are.

Thanks
A

Last edited by smithza; 03-12-12 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-12-12, 04:32 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 109 Upvotes on 102 Posts
Hornets: I see you are in South Africa. My advice is based on conditions and hornets in the US. In the US winter would solve the problem for you. I believe you are in late summer, so I assume the nest is active. Are your hornet nests active year round? If so, then I would buy aerosol cans that are made for wasps/hornets/bees, etc. They spray a jet stream.

Find the opening; their entry/exit point near the bottom, and spray into that. Put the nozzle into the opening. Do it after dark so you can get close, give a 10-15 second burst and get away. Wear heavy clothing. You may need to do it again the next night(s). Spraying water on them will upset them and they may simple rebuild the nest.

The worm is a millipede. Basically harmless here in the US, but some species emit an odor that many find objectionable. As the species vary dramatically even in a small geographical area, I suggest you get local advice about them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: