Rodents?

Old 03-15-12, 07:25 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Rodents?

Hi,

I've been finding what appears to be yellow insulation at the curb outside of my house. It is not acutally around my house, but more towards the sidewalk in front of my house. I'm wondering if it could be some critter pulling insulation from house somewhere. I did walk the perimiter of the house, and did not see any insulation, nor did I see any holes. I do not see the isulation on any of my neighbors properties, just mine. I've even looked up at the tree and electric wires above where I've been finding it, but I don't see anything. Could it be something is pulling it from my home? I just find it odd that I'm not finding a trail from my house to the curb.

I don't have evidence of droppings in my home. Not sure what's going on in my attic (sorry, I won't go up there). I have an older home, there there is always some type of creaking that I'm never quite sure if it's the house or something else. I've never heard scratching.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you.

Old 03-15-12, 12:36 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
Rodents and especially squirrels will pull insulation out of attics, but so will birds. Take some time and observe the roofline, soffits, vents and attic fans for activity during the day.

Is the insulation the same color as what is in your attic?

Another possibility: It could wind-blown from somewhere else. It is odd that you’re finding it away from your house. Hopefully something like this will be the answer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: