Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Insect, Pests and Animal Control. Home Pets and Farm Animals > Indoor and Outdoor Insect and Pest Control
Reload this Page >

Help!!! There is an animal or somthing in my attic & im at a loss ![Relocated]

Old 03-24-12, 01:56 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

i have something in my attic that keeps squeaking and scratching but i dont know what it is. i have had exterminators out 3 times so far but they say thay dont see anything but where animals have passed through. i dont know what to do at this point or how to stop it. i know that if it is an animal it is not healthy for my family to stay here. so what can i do to find out what is up there? an exterminator has put some killing stuff up there for mice but thats it. please help if you can. thank you

Old 03-24-12, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Welcome to our forums!

If you think that pests of some kind have been making sounds over an extended period of time there would be signs of their existence.
It is highly likely that you are hearing noises that the structure is making.

Old 03-24-12, 09:45 PM
B
the exterminator said they saw signs that something had been in there but that it has not been comming back. that it only passed through.

Old 03-25-12, 04:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Putting "killing" stuff up there will only leave their rotting smelly carcasses if they die up there. You should rid the attic of the animals and determine their entrance point(s) and eliminate them. One way is to scatter mothballs up there. They can't stand the smell and will vacate while you seal up their holes. If you are sure they are not still up there, be looking for holes and repair them.

Old 03-25-12, 03:46 PM
B
ok thank you and i will try that.

Old 03-26-12, 05:33 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 109 Upvotes on 102 Posts
It sounds like this animal is not in the attic very much or else the evidence would be obvious such as odors, torn up insulation, etc. When you say “exterminators”, make sure that you are hiring guys who focus on “nusiance animal control” more so than insect control. They should also be looking at the exterior and surrounding outbuildings if any.

Old 03-26-12, 10:23 AM
Are you sure it's not just something rattling around up there (since it is an attic)?

Old 05-12-12, 02:22 PM
A
Received 4 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I've got squirrels in the attic for the whole winter. Waiting for a few hot days for the heat to drive them out and then I can find and block the entry points.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: