Cockroaches?

Old 03-27-12, 07:40 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cockroaches?

My husband and I went to a food pantry last week and a couple of days later I found an adult cockroach on my coffeepot. We killed and wondered if we were going to see anymore. Today when I got up this morning. I found a small black bug which acted like a roach scurrying across the counter. By the evening time, we have found and killed about 10 of them of around the same size. I was looking up the life cycle of a roach and even if these were baby roaches it doesn't seem possible that they would be in this particular stage already. I have spread boric acid around the edges of the counter tops and under the sink etc.. so far we have only found them on the counter tops. They act like roaches but I am wondering how they could of hatched and gotten so big in such a short period of time. Any help is appreciated. I have ordered some Advion gel roach killer and hope it gets here soon!

Old 03-27-12, 07:44 PM
G
more on roach problem

The bugs we have been finding are about a quarter inch long and blackish brown color.

Old 03-27-12, 07:59 PM
G
Is this a roach?

Picture of what we believe to be a roach. It is about 1/4 inch long. The white stuff is boric acid.

Old 03-28-12, 07:07 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 109 Upvotes on 102 Posts
The photo is the nymph stage of a cockroach, probably a german cockroach but can identify an adult more accurately. Dupont Advion is excellent for german cockroaches. The boric acid is good for hidden and innaccessible areas as it will “toxify” that area. It’s not good for counter tops and visible/accessible areas. Also, it is a repellent and it will alter their patterns and could work against you when you start baiting. When you bait you don’t want to use sprays, dusts, etc as it will work against your baiting program. Also, if you can get Gentrol point source, that works very well in conjunction with baiting. It regulates their ability to reproduce.

It sounds like there were already roaches their to a small extent. Check you kitchen appliances such as coffee pots, toaster/ovens, can openers, radios, etc as they like the darkness and warmth that is offered.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: