Customized pest control system

Old 07-21-13, 01:22 PM
J
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Customized pest control system

I hate using chemicals so I need assistance in designing the best pest control system from already existing working systems. The point is to have a centralized fully operational system.

First of all I will start by saying That I don't have any pets so it does not matter if this system would affect pets. I might get fish at some point but I doubt that the system can penetrate the water or even the glass to affect the fish.

I want to improve on the ultrasonic devices that emit a sound that is not audible by the human ear. Some of them work like the Black and Decker ones. but some pests might build an immunity to the device at some point or another but getting use to it.

The house is made from concrete so there is no need to worry about any pests between the walls or under the floor.

The idea is to create an audio file that has many frequencies. I need help on how to create frequencies that will play one after the other like tracks on a CD in around one or 2 min then it would loop again.

I want to place speakers all over the house. Inside and outside. So I need to know what type of speakers can play these frequencies and I will need the outside speaker to be heat and humidity resistant as the temperature and humidity are always high even at night.

I want to play the sound from a stereo type system so that I can play the frequencies at an db that I want. Even if I want to go up to 500db just to make sure that no pests will ever think of visiting me.

The targets are all animals and insects.

I know that some frequencies can even loosen grim or dirt. But it might not be safe as it might shake things out of there place. But if you have some advice on this then share it with me.

I heard that some frequencies can also kill bacteria. Is it possible to use this in my system as well.

I also want to put a device in the yard outside that is connected to my system and it is like a pipe inside the ground. This is to emit the frequencies underground to irritate the insects and the please advice on what type of device it should be (it needs to be heat and water resistant).

Since this might be bad for the health, the system will only be operational during the absence of the home tenants. But the outside system might remain on.

Old 07-21-13, 03:23 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I’ve only seen bad reviews about ultra-sonic repellers and they have been tested seriously in institutional kitchens. They just don’t work but they fill a “market niche” albeit one that doesn’t work but makes people feel better.

Old 07-21-13, 03:27 PM
J
There some that do work, I have done my research. That is why I am here. Adjust the time on your computer. It says that you have posted in Jun of 2010.

Old 07-21-13, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 322 Likes on 256 Posts
His time is correct. The problem must be on your end.

Old 07-21-13, 04:19 PM
J
Yours is also wrong, it says Jan 2005. It is incase you both did not know July 2013.

Old 07-21-13, 04:58 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
John: Better turn off your experiments; maybe they are working (too well)! Those dates are our join dates.

Old 07-21-13, 05:04 PM
J
Thanks, I made a big mistake. Sorry guys. I wish that some one could give me advice on my idea. Or give me a step by step design.

Old 07-21-13, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you realize what you are saying? You want to blanket your home and yard with massive amounts of sound (whether it be ultrasonic or infrasonic). Do you realize how much 500db actually is? A rocket engine is only 180db and a machine gun is 130db.

Even if you can't hear it...that type of exposure will cause severe health problems if it didn't kill you immediately. Even constant exposure to lower volumes can cause neurological and mental issues. So, it's only on when someone is home, insects and animals won't come around when someone is home? What about any nearby neighbors (as in several hundred feet or yards away)? Sound won't penetrate glass or water? I wonder how sonar works if that were the case?

You don't know what frequencies you want, you don't know what type of speakers you need, you don't know what kind of equipment is necessary to amplify the sound, you have no idea of the cost, and you come to a DIY site to ask for advice?

What you need is an exterminator and an acoustical engineer to tell you it won't work.

Old 07-22-13, 04:40 AM
J
Gunguy45 I don't know why you are saying that. Maybe it's just to type some useless junk. I want advice on everything. That is why I am here. To learn and improve my house in the best way possible.

Cost does not matter to me. I just need to complete the project.

I already said that I wont be around when the system is operational to avoid any health problems. But of-course I wont be using above human maximum safety levels, whatever it might be.

Many ultra frequencies cant penetrate solid or dense objects.

You are just jealous you did not think of it first but please feel free to try it. I am sure that it can work. I just need to know how to do it.

Please guys don't type useless information. Just help me perfect my design.

Old 07-22-13, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Useless junk? This from someone who doesn't apparently even know what 500db really is? Well, excuse me....

Go hire an acoustical engineer and an electronics engineer if you don't care about cost.

I'm closing the thread...not because of your multiple rude comments, but because thats what we do when someone is told several times that it won't work and could be dangerous.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: