Tiny white bugs and damp help

Old 11-03-13, 11:08 AM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiny white bugs and damp help

We live in a basement flat and the biggest problem seems to be in the bedroom and not as bad elsewhere.

We constantly have the dehumidifier on in the bedroom apart from when we're sleeping. There is a built in cupboard in the bedroom and I've had to bin some leather bags covered in mold and some brown bugs on one bag. Clothing stored in that cupboard eventually becomes mouldy and needs re-washing.

Over the last year we've lived there I've had to wipe mold from shoes that have been in certain places in the bedroom. The outside wall of the bedroom has white mold patches that form and need to be wiped off. Chest of drawers develop green mold on the back of them.

The odd time I've noticed tiny white dots on leather bags, some of which that move. Over the last few days I've noticed these bugs on the mahogany wardrobes too and some other items that these white bugs stand out on.

Any ideas what they could be and any tips?

Old 11-03-13, 11:19 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 85 Likes on 78 Posts
They could be “psocids” (silent p). They are harmless but prolific in damp environments. I suspect the interior of your walls and all stored materials are too damp and have been for a long time.
Without moisture control there will be no insect control.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: