Beehive

Old 12-16-13, 11:00 AM
L
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beehive

Writing from Mexico. Purchased a house a couple weeks back. The back yard has a 45 ft stone wall (going down a hill). We noticed lots of bees swarming about midway down the wall and were told to call the fire dept for removal. They came last night around 7PM and they were great. They dropped two extension ladders over the wall, in the dark !

They had us buy laundry soap, raid max, some pills that came in a small tube and cement. It took them about 3 hours and in the end they pulled out a hive that had grown inside the wall large enough to more than fill a 5 gallon pail. They said it was probably 8-10 years old.

So - the hive is gone but now we have some swarming bees in the backyard - looking a little angry (I'm alergic by the way). Anyone know if these remainging bes will just go away over time or is there something more I should have done ?

Old 12-16-13, 12:21 PM
F
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Since your local fire department did a fine job of removing the nest you might try asking them these questions. I suspect they would know more about the local conditions than anyone in the US.

Also, if you are a decent cook you could cook up a big pot of something for the entire crew or maybe bake a couple of cakes, they would definitely appreciate that. If you can't cook then buy something to feed them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: