Help. Annoying Small flying things?!

Old 06-15-15, 02:54 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help. Annoying Small flying things?!

Please tell me what these are and how to KILL THRM FOREVER! They are in the basement and annoying the crap outta us.

Images : https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lk&usp=sharing

Old 06-15-15, 03:39 PM
J
No one really knows what these bugs are?!

Old 06-15-15, 03:44 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
I think they are “sewer flies” more technically known as psychoda. They come from stagnant water and drains that aren’t being used. For example you should check: floor drains, sump pump pits, condensate drains/pumps, etc. Focus first on those that aren’t being used much.

Hopefully it will be one of the simple fixes above. It could be a leak in the lateral sewage line that goes out to the septic or the street. Do you see them congregating at or near where the sewage pipe exits basement wall? Does the wall seem damp at the point of exit?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Old 06-15-15, 03:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
It would help, too, if you filled out your profile so we would at least know where you are located. Different regions of the country have a preponderance of bugs, while others are devoid of them.

Old 06-15-15, 03:55 PM
J
I am located in central Missouri. Ashland to be exact. The bugs are showing up around cracks in the foundation. It has been raining alot and some water comes through. Think they are just interested in the water?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: