Pavement ant problem in kitchen slab house

Old 01-05-16, 09:10 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pavement ant problem in kitchen slab house

Thankful for this forum and I hope someone can help me out.

About 2 weeks ago we noticed ants behind our fridge hang out and also about 10 feet away in another part of the room connected to the kitchen. Not knowing much about ants at first we decided to kill the ones we see or try to anyway about 30 with ammonia and water spray bottle. Seemed to work good. I didn't think it was a big deal.

But then I went and got cheap baits from raid at the grocery store and also the terro. It seemed like ants were kinda going slowly after the raid double meal bait. So I let it go for a few days. Then as if seems it was taking a long time after 3 days of having about 20 different baits down we were still seeing foraging ants roaming around the kitchen not doing very much of anything with the bait.

So next we made the mistake of dusting the whole kitchen with diatomaceous earth with the bait still down. I know now that was a big mistake. So we cleaned everything up and decided to start over right. Did research online about ants etc. we then decided to order the good stuff out there advanced 375a and avion ant gel. Taking care of both protein and sweet needs.

Turns out in the 2 sections i put it they were going to town on the granulars advanced 375 a bait and caring it back into a small hole in the drywall and under the baseboard in the 2 sections. I let them go and had to refill them about 3 times in the next 3 days.

For some dumb reason in this process I decided to put a cinnamon barrier a few feet out away from the wall while they were baiting. After this the baiting stopped and the ants seemed to vanish. It wasn't til later that now in get no activity at any of the baits but now have random forging ants through the day coming from out of no where it seems. They won't even take any bait. There's about 5 or so just going in random circles confused and looking maybe half dead. This has now been going on for about 5 days now. Since the baiting has stopped completely. I know i mad some dumb mistakes and should of just baited and waited and done it right.

But my question is are there ants just dying now? Or did they lose their way back home with all the deterrents I used? My next step at this point is spray the whole kitchen with phantom 2 spray which is a non repellent and works by them simply walking through the chemicals and either dying in 3 days or touching other ants and getting them sick as well. I already believe I found one entry point on a wall by busting out the drywall and noticed a deep crack exactly where they were baiting hardcore behind the fridge. I know it needs seal but I don't know if i should do that now or wait until i take care of all these random foraging ants appearing out of no where. I'm also tempted to start pulling out cabinets in the kitchen to see what's going on behind the other wall.

I know I made the situation worse by what I did but it just seem strange that these random 7 ants show up from wherever they are hiding from and do nothing but walk in circles for hrs when theirs still fresh bait around near them in the kitchen both protein and sweet. Is there anything else I can do to fix this situation or is spraying with something like non repellent phantom 2 the only thing I can do and wait this out? How long does a payment ant live without food or water until they die? Would it be worth my time to sit in my kitchen for 8 hrs and see exactly where these ants go back to or is this something out of my control?

Please help thanks

Last edited by PJmax; 01-05-16 at 11:11 PM. Reason: reformatted text
Old 01-06-16, 04:15 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
It sounds like they are dying if there are only a few more looking half dead. I would suck up the remaining ants with a vacuum & see what happens. I wouldn't use any more chemicals unless you try apple cider vinegar. You'll kill yourself first with those sprays.

Old 01-06-16, 06:00 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 38 Posts
Youíre using very good baits. Itís hard to tell whatís happening with regard to the wandering ants. Very well could be slowly dying ants. All insect baits work slowly as the idea is for the foragers to take it back to the nest/colony as some of the colony never leave the nest. If the bait killed them too quickly we would only kill the foragers.

It is possible that the Diatomaceous earth is still repelling as there may be trace amounts but Iím speculating here.

Donít tear out anything or seal anything yet. Give it some more time, keep fresh bait available.

If you want to take it up a level, get a liquid spray with the active ingredient : fipronil. This is a non-repellent insecticide that is terrific on ants and termites especially. This would be ideal to use in the cracks/gaps that are exposed before you seal anything. You can buy the concentrate (cheaper) or pre-mixed. I suggest that you do this in the spring and treat the ext perimeter of house where soil meets foundation. Use a compressed air sprayer and let it run down against foundation. You could also make a narrow surface trench and pour it into trench out of jugs/buckets.

Keep us posted.

Old 01-06-16, 07:36 AM
D
Thanks for the replies, I live in pittsburgh and he first cold days have arrived so hopefully that is in my favor. Anyway, I don't know how well the de is still in effect as i cleaned and wiped that up about 20 times and started over fresh. So far its going on about 6 days and they mainly come out in the evening maybe about 10 random ants here and there. I put out 3 different baits around the kitchen now. Peanut butter and borax in a small water cap, advanced 375a, and the advion ant gel and they don't seem attracted to it to bait at all. At first I had lots of activity on the advance 375a so i know they took that in real good. now its just some left over ants i think at this point, but its enough to make you still mad after 2 weeks and my wife sees one on her counter top. She somehow had one that got on her arm in the living room couch.

So with all due respects this means war and Ithink its time to seal the deal and spray the cracks and all areas in the kitchen etc with a product that got great reviews called phantom 2 PT Phantom Aerosol II

Its listed as a non repellent undetected by he ants who walk across it get sick and pass it on to others they come in contract with within about 3 days It says you can use this along with a baiting program. I'm going to make sure i spray really good and get all sections behind he otherside of he cabinets by removing the bottom kick plates and getting in there. At this point I think they hiding back there and under the stove area. Smart ants. As far as exactly where they are coming from, i suspect a crack under the concrete slab right where the bottom 2x4 sits. I took out a 1 inch section behind the fridge a few days ago. I noticed a hole and what appears to be a crack exactly where I had a hotspot of active baiting ants when this all started. They were hanging out underneath the 2x4 plate there. There isn't any activity there now at this point. But either way im going to seal it up with great stuff foam underneath it once this is all over. Also on the other side of the kitchen wall another inside wall they were baiting and going back in. But i suspect a crack near the floor there as well as i noticed a little lump under the carpet that is kinda obvious that there's probably a crack. Im probably going to pull that small section of carpeting back as well once this is all and seal. I would love to do product outside but its currently 11 degrees outside and I think its best to wait until spring. Someone mentioned spraying a product called demon wp all around the outside. It seems to have got really good reviews as well. So be between the phantom and the demon I'm at war against hell. Personally, I never felt that my situation was out of control or not able to be solved. the max ants i counted at a time baiting was 30 in one spot and maybe 20 in another. I see a few ants but my wife see 100's in her mind. She thinks we are infested and gets upset over 1 to 3 ants she sees wondering around. Women don't like bugs, i know my wife doesn't. I'm not against tearing my kitchen out and getting behind drywall and baseboard as i was planning on remolding the kitchen anyway. Anyway thats where everything stands after 2 weeks of this craziness. It pretty much consumed our entire christmas/ newyears holiday break thanks to these ants. I think i learned alot. Next time just bait and wait, don't repel or kill them otherwise they scatter and make the situation 10 times worse. My wife jokes and said we need to move and burn the house down. Shes a very sensitive person and i think was traumatized years ago when she was younger by her mom getting bed bugs. Wish i could explain how hard it is to even go on a vacation/trip without having to analyze the whole hotel room.

Old 01-06-16, 10:28 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Phantom is terrific on ants and is non-repellent as you pointed out.
Demon wp is good on everything but it is a repellent, so keep that in mind. It can stain dark surfaces too. Wipes off easy enough though. Iíd still rather use a fipronil based insecticide outside. In the spring you can buy and install exterior ant bait stations. Might be some value in that.

Small ants like to live under cement slabs be they sidewalks, patios, basements, foundation slabs, etc. I suspect yours are living under the slab and coming up thru gaps, cracks like youíve described. Itís not unusual to get ants like this in the winter as the house warms the slab.

Phantom works slowly and donít over do it.
Keep us posted.

Old 01-06-16, 05:17 PM
G
Phantom would be a great product. Spray behind all backsplashes, along all baseboards, under all sinks and cabinets and around pipes or any entry points. Pull out the fridge, spray behind the oven, every possible crack and crevice. Be careful if you use the aerosol as it comes out almost like a fog and is easy to inhale. I would advise a respirator while using if possible.

Sometimes they take awhile to control, especially depending on the type of ant. Even as an exterminator ants can be extremely difficult to control. I always tell my customers to give it two to four weeks for complete control. Usually it only takes a few days but it can take up to a month even. I would spray inside and give it some time. You could also try maxforce gel bait. I typically have good results with Advion Gel bait but it sounds like you weren't.

Goodluck and have patience! At least if it ever happens again youll be a pro!

Old 01-06-16, 09:20 PM
D
Wow, amazed at the help and knowledge of you guys and for offering help the best way you can. The phantom 2 spray will be here this Friday and I'm looking forward to using it. My wife and kid will be out of the house when I spray it. And yes, I'll wear a mask and won't go crazy with it. I have a couple other questions if you wouldn't mind. Once this stuff dries is it safe to let my dog or child in the kitchen and if not now long should i wait and does it need wiped up after so long?

Next is really the main question about taking care of my outside parameter of the house come spring and summer. I also had a little carpenter ant problem with some forging ants in my finished attic last summer which is mainly related I believe to and old wood picket fence put in my the previous owners of the house. I cut down and removed almost all fence and sure enough carpenter ants nesting in the posts. I'm sure they scattered but I'm also sure I still have them around because I'm still using a section of the fence until I can replace the whole thing. So let's talk about spraying as I think that it's important not only for this issue with pavement ants but other ants and also bugs etc. From what I'm understanding, I should be using a none repellent spray outside to kill colonies etc. such as termidor sc or something related. But I also really like what I'm hearing about demon wp too. Can I use both like the termidor sc the first month to kill the ants and queen and then like a month or 2 later use the demon or will that mess up the process? I'm looking to kill and terminate the ants for good, but I also want to repell and kill other bugs and spiders too. If I can use demon wp until the following year after ant situation can i atleast apply it inside as a further protection? Anyway thank you all for your help. I'm just trying to plan what the best course of action is since I live on a slab house and don't want bugs. I have other issues here as well like little flying nats in the yard and mosquitos but that's another project and product I'll have to research.

Old 01-07-16, 06:14 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Carpenter ant colonies will live in any void space; either one they create or find. They very much live in mature trees, live or dead. When a carp ant colony gets too large to sustain itself, a new queen will emerge and recruit a cross-section of the colony to leave the colony with her. They won’t go far but they will establish another colony, called a satellite colony.

Use Termidor or any other Fipronil based insecticide (Taurus, etc) and treat high and low house perimeter as well as cracks and crevices. Even if the colony is inside in an inaccessible area the foragers will still go outside the house and enter the treated zone. Reassess after two weeks. It works slowly but lasts a long time. As they interact with the colony they will spread the fipronil. Treat tree trunks from ground to 4-5’ up. Look for ground ant nests.

Demon WP is great on spiders and other crawling insects but don’t use it for at least a month after you are satisfied with the ant results from fipronil. Fipronil is good on those insects too. Don’t treat any plants/shrubs that may have pollinating bees. Demon wp is good inside too but be prepared to wipe up any overspray, drips, puddles as it will leave a white film. In unfinished basements, attics it won’t matter. Treat those first, let it dry and see what you think about the staining before you do living spaces. You will learn how and where to apply by this process.

Clean sprayer when done; don’t let it sit overnight with Demon inside as it will settle and clog. You can store the mixed Demon in a well-marked and labeled jug and simply shake well when needed.

Phantom aero has a strong odor. Ventilate while treating. No issue with pets or people re-entering, especially when dry. Hour at the most. Phantom also leaves a white residue.

Last edited by PAbugman; 01-07-16 at 06:16 AM. Reason: corrections
Old 01-07-16, 11:54 AM
G
Termidor or Taurus SC would be a perfect product for a exterior treatment. I would spray 1 foot up the foundation and 1 foot out from the foundation. Make sure to hit all cracks and crevices too around the building. Doing a follow up spray with Demon WP would be smart too. Wait a month at least between and be aware termidor depending on how strong you mix it should only be applied twice a year at .125% or four times a year at .03 so mixing it hp would be ideal.

Good luck! Looks like youve got some great advice from a few people.

Old 01-09-16, 05:28 AM
D
Ok, I got the phantom 2 spray yesterday and sprayed my whole kitchen area and some other little areas in the dinning room. The smell wasn't bad, it basically smelled like women's nail polish and went away after an hr with some windows open. Also, the spray went on as a clear liquid not leaving any stains. I made sure to get into some tough areas under the kitchen cabinets removing a few bottom kick plates and revealed a bunch of already dead ants.

So far, after about 16 hrs I noticed about maybe 6 wondering ants that came out from I'm guessing under the stove and they walk around in the middle of the kitchen in circles for hrs doing nothing it seems. I also re-added fresh baits in 4 different sections. Advion ant gel and advance 375a. But, no ants have been baiting anywhere like they were earlier in the 375a. I'm left with the foraging left over ones it seems. So just a few more questions. With these random ants if they simply walk over the chemical how long until they pretty much die afterwards. I don't believe these left over ants even have anywhere to go or much less know what they are doing. It's like they come out of nowhere and walk endlessly in circles and usually disappear during the afternoon hrs. I'm trying not to kill any but when I need to get to the fridge there's one or two right where i need to stand lol. And is there a certain time frame I should be waiting for until I seal what I believe to be the 2 entry point cracks they where coming from on the floor? I also wonder how long can a typical ant live in my kitchen in the middle of winter? They have if they want unlimited access to water from the condensation drip pan under the fridge but very limited access to food other then then the poison bait that is out. It's been about 3 weeks now and there's definitely improvement down to only a few random ants a day and not the 30 or 40 ants baiting the advance 375a and running back under the corner round/baseboard like they did in the beginning. I just find it amazing that these little guys are still pushing to survive after all the hell I've put them through in the past 3 weeks. I will never make the same mistake again by putting repellants down and playing around with cinnamon barriers or spraying them with water and ammonia. Next time it's phantom and baits directly.

Old 01-10-16, 11:01 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Could very well be a large colony and it just takes time. No way to estimate how long an ant is going to live; way too many variables. They donít die quickly from baits or Phantom or fipronil based insecticides. The idea is they die slowly all the while interacting with the main colony and feeding the main colony. Just wait 7-14 days to reassess/re-treat.

Old 01-12-16, 04:31 PM
D
Ok it's been about 4 days since spraying the phantom and I'm still noticing the same amount of wandering ants ever since they stopped baiting on the advanced 375a. It doesn't seem like they want to eat anything just wonder around in circles? I see about 7 to 10 a day. When does it get to the point when I should seal up the hole in the concrete floor (I believe) they are coming from? Do I have to wait until all ants are completely gone before taking it to the next step? If the colony dies or the Queen is it still normal to see wondering ants?

I'm almost to the point where I'm thinking if riping out drywall, baseboard and pulling cabinets to see what the heck is really going on. It doesn't bother me since I know how to re-drywall and repair stuff. I understand I need to give this time but what is the threshold? I wish I could find the ant nest and pour hot Molton alluminum to do a casting. If not maybe i should consider renting a jack hammer from Home Depot and taking the whole slab out... Sigh. I guess the only reason this bothers me is I still see them everyday and the end doesn't seem in sight. It's embarrassing when you have to hid it too with dark throw rugs when guests come over. I'll never buy a house on a slab again.

Old 01-14-16, 06:21 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
I still prefer water-based insecticides for ants as you can treat directly into the cracks and crevices and let it flow so that it gets below the slab where they are probably living. Phantom or fipronil water-based insecticides would be ideal. The aeros are ok but they donít penetrate below the slab. They do leave a residual at or near the top of slab so waiting times are longer.

Please re-read previous posts and glean info from them. Give it more time and keep us posted.

Old 01-17-16, 09:16 AM
G
Youve got to give it time. 2-4 weeks minimum. Itll get better just have to give it time. If you really want to do something else buy phantom water based like said and apply that...but still, time!

At least you dont have large ass carpenter ants falling from your ceiling...

Old 04-14-16, 06:08 AM
D
Update 4 months later and more questions

Ok, so it's finally April and spring is here in Pittsburgh. Here's where I stand 4 months later after spraying twice with the phantom spray all around the kitchen area. When I mean all around, I really do mean I went into fine detail and actually took of and removed a few corner rounds and baseboard from the walls as well as removing the bottom kick plates from the kitchen cabinets so I had complete access to the surrounding areas.

After about a month in February I noticed a very good reduction of the ants. Very few here and there. However i decided to spray a follow up around the end of February with the phathom spray. I honestly thought this should be the death blow... By all accounts it was, well kinda. Until some warm days started coming by the end of March and April. I still see what appears to be a few more ants wondering around, coming out from winter hybrnation. But it's not a line of any ants just random wonders either looking half dead sometimes or walking around by themselves in endless circles...then I go days where I don't see anything. Mostly colder days again. The situation is way better and tolerable now but I'm still not entirely happy that these little guys are relentless and either can live for months or have some type of immunity to whatever it is.

I also want to note that I do have many baits setup the last 4 months around the kitchen as well. A special plastic container that has one side
Advance 375a and the other side advion ant gel. I'm trying to satify all needs protein and sweets you can say. Now I must say when I witnessed a few of these wonders still some grabbed a crumb off the floor and walked around in circle not accomplishing anything? And upon looking at all the bait stations, nothing has been touched at all. Either they don't want the food or perhaps they don't like the plastic containers it's in. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason I can think of. I have these baits out all over so I can't seem to understand their logic.

So anyway, I finally got termidor sc now and I'm going to hit the outside perimeter of the house and I guess respray another application of the phantom inside around the kitchen area. I'm also going to re-apply both baits raw to the floor behind the cabinets and walls to see if that makes any difference. When I say I see ants still I mean maybe like 5 wondering in the whole day at max and sometimes none, depending on the day I guess. I'm really hoping that the termidor sc will help outside to atleast kill something because I noticed about 3 wondering carpenter ants upstairs roaming the finished attic again since spring is here.

So here are my questions now...

Is there anything really more I can do that I haven't been doing already?

Should I spray the termidor sc in the unliveable attic area behind the knee wall up upstairs because of the carpenter ants wondering or just use more phantom and baits upstairs around the living bedroom area upstairs?

Should I resort to purchasing outside rainproof traps for bait around the house as well?

* I really want to use the demon wp eventually all outside as I heard great things about it but I realize that could cripple the process of the termidor sc. So should I wait a month until May after the sc has been down and then spray demon further away from the house and all around not going overtop or near the termidor already applied?

Also, what is the chance that with these ants in the kitchen that I'm kinda screwed because the nest(s) could be completely under the slab house inaccessible no matter what I do? I can't and don't want to resort to hammer drilling holes all around the foundation to inject chemical under the slab house. That seems to be crazy and not with it for the ant problem doesn't seem justifiable to process like that.

Any advice I would appreciate. The situation isn't as bad as it probaby seems from my postings but I sure do hate seeing any ants and consider myself at war with them and all bugs and spiders.

Old 04-14-16, 09:05 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Hard to say whatís happening in your situation. I suspect a large colony under the slab but not impossible to deal with.

Next time you take off baseboard, quarter round try injecting gel baits into the gaps before spraying. Iíd reassess in 5-7 days. If they are eating the bait give them more, if not then spray. Since you have a slab under your house I would carefully pin stream into the cracks and crevices and when I found areas that would take the chemical well Iíd just let it run. You wonít hurt anything except ants and termites by doing that. The liquid will take path of least resistance which could be the nests and trails.

Also, where pipes go into wall or bottom of cabinet in bathrooms and kitchen I would let it run in. The idea is to get the liquid well below the surface where the ants are living and moving around. Any mechanical penetrations thru the slab are prime entry points. Expansion joints/cracks are too but you wonít have access to them.

Termidor is better for ants than is Phantom in my opinion though Iíve solved lots of ant problems with Phantom. Termidor is not labeled for interior use but that is simply because they never asked the EPA to register it for indoors. The active ingredient is quite low in toxicity. It is the same active ingredient in Frontline, the flea/tick medicine that is applied to dogs/cats.

Maybe also try a different bait such as Liquid Terro indoors and out.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Old 04-24-16, 09:36 PM
D
Another update

Ok so it's been over a week and I sprayed the termidor sc outside and even did the careful injection on some areas inside the walls where the block meets the slab floor letting it run down below into slab areas as I took of all the baseboards and busted out most of the bottom drywall for access. The good news is I haven't seen a single carpenter ant upstairs or outside. Pretty amazed. However, I'm still seeing a few random wondering ants going in circles every now and then in the middle of the kitchen floor. Like one here and one there if I look for them daily. Their patterns don't seem like they know what they are actually doing. I have advanced 375a down and advion ant get all over the kitchen and they could seem to care less about it. I haven't spent a good 8 hrs following a random ant around to see where it's going because after about 30 minutes or more of doing it, it's nothing but back and forth and circles. I'm assuming if I were to sit there for hrs one day starring at an ant I guess I could find out where exactly he came from. Maybe I'll suck it up and do that someday. But it's crazy that 5 to 6 months later after baiting with 2 top of the line baits and phantom in every possible location I can physically think of in the kitchen there is still a few roaming random ants showing up. I even went the extra mile of actually busting out the kitchen drywall at the bottoms and even removing the cabinet bottom kick plates so I made sure to get all locations. I think I did way more than any paid commercial company would of done by this point.

So is it possible that these random ants are the leftovers from December still alive that were just in hiding all this time or could it still be possible that every day 3-6 ants are getting in somehow? What good would it do me to follow a single ant around for 8 hrs? Would he eventually go back to where he came from?

With the house being on a slab what other options does one have as a last resort other then dealing with the them showing up everyday here and there? Are there options such as hammer drilling holes all around the house or even into the kitchen floor itself to inject termidor sc? Yes that's crazy and that would mess up my finished kitchen tile floor but do people have to sometimes go that route? I understand the bait and wait game but these random guys don't seem to care they just walk back and forth all day long. If I can get them to eat something that would be great just to see if they even would. Is there some type of buffet meal I could just leave on my kitchen floor to even see if they care? Jelly, peanut butter? Raw chicken meat? I can't for the life of me figure out these wondering random ants and what there goal is.

Old 04-25-16, 07:54 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Hard to tell for sure whatís going on but youíve made progress, especially on the carpenter ant front. Next time your spraying Termidor treat surrounding tree trunks up to about 4í with it. Carpenter ants like to nest in mature trees. These would be the parent colonies from which other colonies will branch off of.

As far as the small ants inside I do like the idea of baiting them with a non-toxic to see what they like and where they come from. Use jelly (carbs) and peanut butter (protein). Depending which one they like the best (hopefully they will cooperate) we can pick a bait that suits them.

Otherwise, just keep a residual of phantom/termidor present as that will continue to work.

As far as drilling the slab-rarely done for ants anymore; even for termites we rarely drill interiors anymore, especially with the advent of Termidor.

I suspect a large colony is under the slab, but again that is my ďsuspicionĒ.

Have you considered the possibility that they may be in the attic or at least high up in the wall/ceiling voids and actually venturing downward as opposed to our theory of them under the slab? Iím just thinking out loud for now as something unusual is going on. That could explain why the standard treatments aren't working as expected. I need to re-read this thread when I have time soon. If you have access to attic, even if just a ceiling hatch door, can you pump up your sprayer and spray out towards the soffits, eaves and such?

Old 04-25-16, 10:13 AM
D
It might be a possibility they they could be coming from a wall void that leads up into the attic behind the knee wall. I did treat the attic behind the knee wall with termidor last week and sprayed the roof rafters and other areas inside the attic. There's so many variables though there's still sections I have left near the kitchen that could be removed and checked like the back patio sliding door wood threshold inside which is at the edge of the block footer outside and has block steps leading down. I have yet to disable the threshold inside to see. It does seem that the wonderers are hanging near that general area when on the loose. I believe I have the general area to around a 5 ft section somewhere in the kitchen where I see them. But it was treated earlier in the process with some phantom but they could still be slipping in somehow. As of today I have yet to see one but I'm sure I will soon enough. Maybe I'll try the general food like peanut butter and jelly around those areas to see if I notice any baiting activity. In the beginning they loved the advanced 375a and they were going to town on it back in December now it's just these few random wonderers coming around still. The process would a lot easier if I didn't have a dog that wants to eat everything insight and a 2 year old. I'll have to deal with gates for a while I guess. The problem with the attic behind the knee walls is the bay's are filled with cellulose insulation so 100 percent spraying all areas isn't an option. I sprayed the Inside finished attic with phantom and have baits up there too. Will a wondering ant that is roaming about eventually go back to where he came or could he get lost and just endlessly walk in circles until the dog tramps on him? I'm willing to spend the time with regular food and baits to find the exact location but I don't want to waste my time if the ants roaming won't return whenever they came from. There so many variables. I wish someone could come up
With some type of gps system that you could spray on the ants to know exactly where they are going.

Old 04-25-16, 10:50 AM
D
I did hit the outside Eve's and Windows with the termidor. Also the edge of the roofline coming down outside. I'm 100 percent confident that whatever tries to climb my outside house will hit the termidor for sure. I hit the old trees outside as well too. I'm impressed honestly by the termidor sc on the outside. There's nothing crawling around near the house now at all. I've been checking at nights with a flashlight. Maybe I need to just give this more time since I did the outside, I don't know. I do know one thing, living on slab is at such a disadvantage then having an area with a crawl space. Like I said the situation I have isn bad, it's just annoying. Either I devout myself to following the ants next time I see them or I just keep trying other things. It just makes me upset because I don't know what else I can really do without demoing the house which is pretty much what I've almost done the best of my ability anyway. Man, ants got to be one of the most annoying pests. Someone needs to come out with a gps spray so I can follow these ants.

Old 04-29-16, 01:12 PM
D
So just a quick update again. So far so good on the ants. Not really seeing them anymore. Now anyway. But here's what I observed. These random ants are definatly dying, not looking too good and could honestly not give a hoot about baiting. I put out a full course meal of food out for them all week and got nothing. It's almost like they are leftovers or somehow randomly finding their way into the kitchen and don't want to be here now. There an outdoor foyer door area that connects to my Kitchen area which I didn't pay much attention too in this process and I think I'm going to spray outside underneath the crawl space if I can get my sprayer on there. They might of been coming in from there for all I know. But all in all I don't think they want to be in my kitchen anymore after all I done. I haven't seen any in the last few days. I wanted to thank you all for your help in this forum.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: