Oh no spiders! Yuck!

Old 08-03-16, 01:49 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oh no spiders! Yuck!

Well, I was getting ready for bed last night and looking up at the ceiling. Spiders! Tiny ones, around 30 or 40 of them on the ceiling! I'm not a spider lover, so I couldn't just go to bed!

I'm not sure what kinds they were, but I think they were baby spiders. They were a light green color and very small, maybe 3 or 4mm across. There must of been about 30 that I killed with a napkin.

I'm not one for even killing bugs, but I couldn't sleep knowing they were there and didn't know of any other way to get them out. Then I opened the curtain and there were more behind it and a huge one!

It was also light green and had a large orb. I assume that it was the mother that had layed eggs or something.

Anyways, they're all gone that I could see, save for one small one I saw today crawling on the ceiling whilst I was using my shop vac to suck up all the webs, etc.

Also washed the curtains. Did I have an infestation? Did the mother lay eggs and those were the babies?

What kind of spider do you think they may have been?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-16, 07:09 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 94 Votes on 83 Posts
Spiders are beneficial and ubiquitous. If you want fewer of them around, look to remove their food source.

Old 08-04-16, 10:31 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 29 Posts
I have no idea what kind of spider it was. I suspect that the small ones hatched out together, probably from the larger one but there is no way to know that for sure. Purchase some glue traps, the larger rodent size as opposed to the insect only type of “roach hotels”. Place them on the floor alongside the walls, under bed, dressers, etc. Monitor them periodically to see if you catch any and how many.