Ant nest in front lawn?

Old 05-26-17, 03:45 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ant nest in front lawn?

Hi.

When I'm mowing the lawn I've noticed the past couple years an ant nest in the front lawn. I didn't really look closely to see if they're black ants, but we have a problem with big black carpenter ants coming in the house every year about this time.

Do you think there's any relation to this nest and the black carpenter ants?

Should I get rid of this nest? It's also "ruining" the front lawn in that area.

How do I get rid of it?

Old 05-26-17, 03:53 PM
B
Received 37 Votes on 34 Posts
Yes, best to keep a nest out of the yard as the closer they are the more likely they will become a problem, if they aren't already. If no pets or children concerns then there are several spray brands. If you need to go natural it gets more difficult.

Bud

Old 05-26-17, 04:36 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, best to keep a nest out of the yard as the closer they are the more likely they will become a problem, if they aren't already. If no pets or children concerns then there are several spray brands. If you need to go natural it gets more difficult.

Bud
I forgot to add that there's lots of sand around the mound for some reason. I'm going to attempt to rake it out to the sidewalk first. I think the sand is from the road in the winter that got left behind in the lawn. Maybe the salt is killing the lawn next to the sidewalk also. Maybe that's why I've got crabgrass all around the bare spot edge near the edges of the lawn.

Old 05-26-17, 04:46 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Sprinkle on some Terro granules and water them in lightly. It will take a little while but will eliminate the nest.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: