Squirrels are destroyng my firewall insulation

Old 06-18-19, 04:04 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Squirrels are destroyng my firewall insulation

[B]One comes back every day !i have tried to be quick enough to shoot the pos.But he wins.Has any other ideas been mentioned?here The battery powerd pest stoppers have batteries but you will go thru those pretty quickly i assume,,. No 110 volt anything seen anywhere, Please tell me something that works w/o killing my dog[poison]. They do this every single year.Got an idea? Please let me Know> When i toot the alarm key fob- horn toots-doesn't bother them him. remote starter sends them out and gone in a minute But then you have to go out turn the motor off manually, Somebodys found a way to stop these pests.[/B

Hoping to hear from you guys thank you bob s]

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-19, 07:21 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
Get yourself one of these traps, even though they look like they would be too small they work great. Havahart 0745 One-Door Animal Trap for Chipmunk, Squirrel, Rat, and Weasel, X-Small..

bsa_bob2 voted this post useful.
Old 06-18-19, 09:22 AM
Group Moderator
Received 141 Votes on 134 Posts
Are the squirrels attacking the fire wall in your garage? Have you found where they are getting in? Covering any holes or opening with metal should stop them. If they are getting into the insulation they may be coming in from the attic so you'll need to check all your eaves and soffits for points of entry.

Old 06-18-19, 11:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 14 Votes on 14 Posts
Sounds like they are in the garage? If accessible, some should get on a ladder and inspect the soffits, inside and out as well as attic space/crawl, etc and determine the extent of damage and infestation. Maybe more than one; maybe lots more than one.

Trapping and euthanizing or moving them far away is good but not always easy. I've caught some squirrels easily, others were a great source of frustration.

One time I was going to temporarily screen in a soffit after I got the squirrel out so I placed one pound of moth balls in the soffit void space overnight, coming back the next morning assuming squirrel would be gone. I found about one pound of moth balls on the ground below the soffit...

Old 06-19-19, 08:01 AM
this squirrel is coming up the frame of my truck all the way up to the firewall- i keep mothballs taped to everywhere under the hood. thank you ~~~~link you sent wouildn't open ----Ron53 ~~~~~ Bob S

Old 06-19-19, 08:04 AM
I taped a tray of -d-con pellets- to the Airbox top .Will see how that turns out,.Theres a few missing!! --overnight great!!

bob s

Old 06-19-19, 11:15 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
You could cut and paste the link on Amazon or any othere site that sells traps. And if you go that route use peanut butter as bait, works very well.

bsa_bob2 voted this post useful.
Old 07-26-19, 11:47 AM
Damn squirrles under my hood again ,Has anyone got more tips i can try/ Its firewall insulation.-dcon pellets mothballs-still got those squirrles, damn squirrels any other tips"?Ican try? bob s