Yellow Finch Pecking Window ??

Old 07-08-21, 01:43 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yellow Finch Pecking Window ??

Why the Yellow Finch has started Pecking The Kitchen Window who knows, but it has become very annoying the constant pecking especially on a Bright Sunny Day.. The Pecking will start at first light... The plan is to Stop the Bird from doing so, I've tried putting old CD's strategically placed on the Window but that doesn't seem to work.. Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated, Cheers Thanks

Top Answer

07-08-21, 01:45 PM
XSleeper
Group Moderator
Received 1,838 Upvotes on 1,654 Posts
He likely sees his reflection and thinks he is fighting off another male. Maybe tape up some cardboard or newspaper on the OUTSIDE of the glass for a few days and see if he loses interest or moves on.

Either that or he's trying to tell you to put more bird seed in his feeder. Do you know Morse code? LOL

Old 07-08-21, 01:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,838 Upvotes on 1,654 Posts
He likely sees his reflection and thinks he is fighting off another male. Maybe tape up some cardboard or newspaper on the OUTSIDE of the glass for a few days and see if he loses interest or moves on.

Either that or he's trying to tell you to put more bird seed in his feeder. Do you know Morse code? LOL

cwbuff, PAbugman voted this post useful.
Old 07-08-21, 01:57 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 106 Upvotes on 99 Posts
Could be coinciding with mating season, too. That prompts behaviors like this. We had to discourage a male cardinal one year doing the same thing on multiple windows. I placed various stuffed animals, kid toys, not taxidermy, at various windows. The most effective was a big, blue monkey with a happy face.

Old 07-08-21, 05:13 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,008 Upvotes on 1,800 Posts
I went through it this spring with a female Eastern Bluebird. I tried putting stickers on the glass, hung a curtain inside and nothing worked so I'm thinking it was mating behavior. It was pretty bad for a couple weeks but after a month the bird moved on with her life.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: