Are these ants and ant eggs at the corner of my house??

Old 02-16-23, 08:11 PM
I
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Are these ants and ant eggs at the corner of my house??

Hi, I was vacuuming today and discovered a lot of ant-looking bugs near my routers. I used bug spray and killed them on the spot. I also noticed that there were some small white egg-looking things and a larger gunk as seen in the attached photo. Can someone help me identify what they are and what I should do? Much appreciated!

Old 02-17-23, 04:21 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
I feel certain that these are ants and ant eggs, larvae, or pupae. Do an internet search and see what you think. Sometimes it takes magnification to tell the difference.

The dirt or "frass" that you see is from the ants excavating something nearby for nest building. The insecticide needs to go into the gap between the flooring and baseboard. What's on the floor won't do any good, except to immediately kill what exposed ants. There is a colony nearby. Think "crack and crevice" for treatment. Maybe you can find an aerosol insecticide that has an applicator tip, or "straw", that will aid in crack and crevice treatment. Ant baits, the gel type in plastic syringes, work for the smaller ants too. A problem is that the baits and sprays are not compatible. The sprays can ruin the baits, or at least keep the ants away from it. Since you've already started with aerosol, maybe you should continue. Now, if you find the "frass" in other rooms, then that may be a good place to use only baits. Won't be unusual if you need to treat several times, whether baiting or spraying. Happens to the pros, too. Keep us posted.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: