Tiny white flies

Old 04-17-23, 07:44 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tiny white flies

Recently I have been seeing tiny white flies that resemble tiny moths that enter through window screens, but they are not moths, and they are white. I did some research and discovered these tiny white flies infest plants and gardens, and usually appear when it is day time. But I never see them in the day time,

I kept close watch and it appears that they first show up at around 8:30-9PM, but I cannot figure out where they are coming from. I have no plants nor a garden, and the only plants or trees are outside of my home. I have doors sealed and windows closed, so where are they coming from? Any help or advice would be of an enormous help. Thanks!

Old 04-17-23, 09:33 AM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 110 Upvotes on 103 Posts
Any chance you could get close up pics? So far, I don't have anything.

I just read a little. Assuming "whiteflies" is the correct ID, it seems they feed on underside of plants. Are there leafy plants in the exterior perimeter of the house? If so, look on the underside to see if they are there. Whiteflies are related to aphids.

Are they getting into the living areas of the house or just in between windows and screens?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: