Infestation of Daddy long legs

Old 09-13-23, 01:21 PM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Infestation of Daddy long legs

Hi All, how does one control Daddy long leg spiders, there are hundreds of them all over our garage doors in SW Fl.
Thanks
Geo🇺🇸

Old 09-13-23, 02:27 PM
T
Received 112 Upvotes on 100 Posts
I'd use a shop-vac to get rid of the visible infestation and a residential spray insecticide to keep them away. Clean out the garage. There are perimeter insecticides that may help if the problem continues . Keep in mind, however, that your arachnids (not spiders, though) eat insects.

Old 09-13-23, 02:48 PM
P
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 117 Upvotes on 110 Posts
They are harmless. I suspect that possibly it is a mating season or some other biological reason for their gathering as that is not typical behavior. In other words, it won't last long, I'm thinking.

That said, as Tony said, a residual spray will work well on them. Buy a concentrate insecticide that you mix with water and apply with a compressed air sprayer. Probably won't even need the maximum rate. Sometimes the box stores, other hardware stores, and farm supply stores, depending on your state, will carry them. I don't know the brand names, but look at the active Ingredients for names such as : deltamethrin, Lambda cyhalothrin, cyfluthrin, bifenthrin. There are others, but any of these will work well.

Old 09-14-23, 06:35 AM
Received 729 Upvotes on 644 Posts
As long as they are not inside, I would leave them alone. They are doing more good than harm.

Shadeladie voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: