mobile home insulation

Old 08-04-02, 02:02 PM
fishingnut1
Visiting Guest
mobile home insulation

I have an 1976 mobile Home, I was told that with such old insulation I should put another layer of sheet rock on the interior walls to insulate better. Home is Aprox. 1400sq. ft. very cold in winter! Should I put up 1" fir strips with a thin layer of any special insulation before sheetrocking? Is it more important to insulate the lower skirting around the perimeter of the home, or both? I appreciate any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-02, 04:25 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mobile home insulation

We have a mobile home professional over on the Mobile Home Forum. Meadowraven can give you expert advice on every aspect of your home.

"Mobile homes: After sealing and insulating heating ducts, adding roof insulation is usually the most cost-effective insulation improvement for mobile homes. Blown loose insulation is often the easiest way to go with mobile homes, although this may require hiring an insulation contractor. If the roof is in bad shape, you might try adding a layer of rigid foam insulation and a rubber membrane directly to the existing roof. In cold climates, it is usually worth adding insulation to the floor and walls. It is generally more effective to spend money insulating the floor of the trailer than on insulating the trailer skirting."
Native Power Summary: Insulation. Retrieved 04 August 2002. http://eetd.lbl.gov/nareep/NativePow...lation_NP.html