asbestos siding and insulation

Old 09-04-02, 09:58 AM
betseysusan
Visiting Guest
asbestos siding and insulation

I have asbestos siding on my house. I have capped it with insulation, put in new windows/doors, and added panel foam insulation under the crawl space (no basement, used to be a camp). Commercial blow-in insulation companies will not work with the asbestos siding. I cannot afford to have the insulation removed and will not do it myself so I seem to be stuck as far as insulating the wall space (I live in Maine). Tearing out the sheet rock inside to insulate with batts is not an option. Has anyone dealt successfully with this situation? Any and all ideas welcome. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-02, 11:24 AM
Years ago the EPA was recommending the removal of abestos in homes and realized it was creating a bigger problem. So they reversed themselves and stated that removal would depend upon the condition of the abestos. Meaning to say it was damaged and flaking off and dropping particles in the air.

I recommend contacting other contractors. If they don't want to drill through the abestos, they could drill from inside the home and blow the insulation in. Your other option is to have foam injected into the walls.